Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ACTIVE TARGET CONE DIRECTION PROBLEM

UPDATE - took boat back out, now magically everything is working correctly. Thanks for the suggestions.

My Active Target indicator that shows on my HDS LIVE graph (which is supposed to indicate which direction the cone is pointing) is out of sync with the actual transducer direction. I had the transducer pointing straight ahead in Forward mode, but the indicator showed it pointing left or right. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Retiredmomof3; 02-10-2021 at 06:53 PM.

2. Member
    In order for it to work correctly it has to be tied into a working and probably setup Point1.

3. Member
    I would calibrate your Point-1 after ensuring it is showing up on your device list. My arrow matches my Ghost directional arrow perfectly. Of course my Ghost TMC-1 and Point-1 are both calibrated (which you can do at the same time). And of course there is the bow offset calibration that must be done on the Ghost as well.
    ciao,
    Marc

4. Member
    Is a point 1 required for AT?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Retiredmomof3 View Post
    UPDATE - took boat back out, now magically everything is working correctly. Thanks for the suggestions.

My Active Target indicator that shows on my HDS LIVE graph (which is supposed to indicate which direction the cone is pointing) is out of sync with the actual transducer direction. I had the transducer pointing straight ahead in Forward mode, but the indicator showed it pointing left or right. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I'm having that same issue. Someone suggested linking it to the Point One. How would you do that?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreig2 View Post
    Yeah, I'm having that same issue. Someone suggested linking it to the Point One. How would you do that?
    Point-1 goes to your NMEA2000-network, to which your HDS or Elite FS is also connected.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Point-1 goes to your NMEA2000-network, to which your HDS or Elite FS is also connected.
    And to which your Ghost motor is connected. If you have a Ghost I would suspect (keyword there since I have not confirmed this with Lowrance) the key to lining up the directional arrow (on Active Target) with your trolling motor direction would require a good "bow offset calibration".
    Last edited by Marc Marcantonio; 02-19-2021 at 01:03 AM.
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyTek Marine View Post
    In order for it to work correctly it has to be tied into a working and probably setup Point1.
    Since point 1 is calibrated to the direction of the boat (not the trolling motor) I don't understand how that could make a difference? Doesn't the AT directional cone on the screen have a different sensor for which way the transducer is pointing?

9. Member
    If the head unit is using the Point for heading info and the AT is mounted facing directly forward on the trolling motor, it should be able to infer from the direction of travel which way the troller is pointing and move the icon to line up with it. Not sure if that's how it works but it makes sense to me!

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    How does the cone direction work when the ducer is mounted on a pole that is mounted along side the trolling motor shaft? Does the ducer relay to the unit which direction it is pointing?
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton03Vance View Post
    How does the cone direction work when the ducer is mounted on a pole that is mounted along side the trolling motor shaft? Does the ducer relay to the unit which direction it is pointing?
    I'm gonna try to find that out Sunday if I can get thru the ice at Eufaula. It should work with the Point 1. Im also hoping my transducer is a good one.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    If the head unit is using the Point for heading info and the AT is mounted facing directly forward on the trolling motor, it should be able to infer from the direction of travel which way the troller is pointing and move the icon to line up with it. Not sure if that's how it works but it makes sense to me!

NoCAL
    If that is the case lets say your boat is stationary facing north and the transducer is facing south...How could point 1 determine a directional change in the transducer without a corresponding directional change in boat position? I have mine mounted on an Ultrex and the icon is not at all accurate. I’m wondering if that feature only works with Ghost motors and syncs with the actual trolling motor directional arrow?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hard2gard View Post
    If that is the case lets say your boat is stationary facing north and the transducer is facing south...How could point 1 determine a directional change in the transducer without a corresponding directional change in boat position? I have mine mounted on an Ultrex and the icon is not at all accurate. I’m wondering if that feature only works with Ghost motors and syncs with the actual trolling motor directional arrow?
    I agree..the icon direction would almost have to be coming from the transducer alone..i don't see how the point one could determine the difference between the way the boat is facing and which direction the ducer is facing..i am mounting mine on a separate pole so i can look at the top of the pole and see direction of ducer..if the cone position on the graph matches the direction the pole shows then great and if it dont, no big deal..

14. Member
    I know there isn't a test for the transducer out of the water, but when I rotate the ducer on the pole, the indicator on screen moves also. This is without moving the trolling motor. I have no idea if it is accurate or not.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hard2gard View Post
    Good point. I have no idea where the icon direction is coming from. The unit would know what direction the boat is pointing but if you have the transducer on a pole pointing backwards, there is now way for the unit to know that. Maybe the transducer icon won't work unless it's on a motor shaft and the boat is moving in some direction.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

16. Member
    I have an AT coming some day. I have a Ghost TM, do not have a point one and don't plan to get one. As a previous poster replied that the Point One has no way of knowing the TM direction at a standstill. All one has to know is the direction of the TM is the same direction as the AT transducer, providing one installed the transducer looking forward in line with the TM motor. If my Ghost is pointing at 3 o'clock, my AT is pointing at 3 o'clock.

17. Member
    Guys, haven't had a chance to confirm with Lowrance yet, but I suspect the indicator syncs with the foot pedal position, which is why I suggested making sure your bow offset calibration is done with those who have a Ghost motor. Those who remember using SpotLightScan will remember there was a device that fit under the pedal that sensed whether the pedal was moved up or down, and a NMEA 2000 signal would show on your screen where the transducer was pointed by the foot pedal position. Since the Ghost connects to the NMEA 2000 network from the pedal, I suspect that is how the indicator knows which way the Active Target is pointed. Maybe this explains why it synchs perfectly on my Ghost, and those not using a Ghost are not synching?
    ciao,
    Marc

18. Member
    I wonder if there is a option in the settings to hide or not display the cone direction..a person could then look at the troll motor or pole to monitor the way the ducer is facing..if the cone direction is not displaying the proper direction then i would just hide the icon, if thats even possible..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

A user manual would have been nice

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    A user manual would have been nice
    Ain’t that the truth! Unfortunately Lowrance is scrambling to play catch up so we’re stuck trying to figure everything out on our own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast