Carpet upgrade over Seadek

Been reading enough negative things about Seadek that it has me rethinking H17 or H18 I see the H18 Pro has carpet an an upcharge option. Does anyone have it and what's the carpet quality like?

2. Member
    SeaDek was an upgrade over carpet in 2018. Not sure what there is to dislike, I love my SeaDek.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

3. Member
    Been reading it's a no go with dogs and their toenails. I want to use it some for duck hunting. Also read blood would stain it. We hunt deer and turkey from the boat and then hit spots that are hard to get to by land.

4. Member
    Don't know about the dog toenails but can say for sure that fish blood will not stain sea dek. It comes off easily with soap and water.

5. Member
    Seadeck was one of the reasons i bought my X19. I have owned many boats with carpet, would never go back.

6. Member
    I have seadeks would not buy again.Carpet is better

They sell carpet for pickup truck beds (Bedrug). Don't see why boat carpet wouldn't hold up just as good. Sure it takes more of a beating in a truck bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    I have seadeks would not buy again.Carpet is better
    Can you give some details as for why? I am slowly specing out my next boat and Seadek is being considered.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

9. Member
    Following as I have seadek and love it. Long handle scrub brush, simple green works great on fish slime or blood and it looks new. I can see a large heavy dogs nails possibly marking it but compared to carpet that takes forever to dry, it quiet cool and comfortable.
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

10. Member
    I’m happy with Seadek and it was one of the deciding factors for Xpress. My only complaint is the cat that gets on it and stretches out its claws. The holes kind of self heal (especially if you rub it down and wash it) but you can tell if you look close enough.

11. Member
    Don't fish hooks snag and leave scars?

12. Member
    Ranger has what they call traction pad I have it only on the floor and i really like it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat's Dad;[URL="[URL
    tel:11675331[/URL]"]11675331[/URL]]Been reading it's a no go with dogs and their toenails. I want to use it some for duck hunting. Also read blood would stain it. We hunt deer and turkey from the boat and then hit spots that are hard to get to by land.
    So with some of the uses that you need in a boat personally I would go with no carpet or seadek. The spray finish is nice and if needed just throw in a piece of outdoor carpet or nonskid rubber mat that you can remove and wash after hunting trips. I would think there is other products available too that is more durable than seadek for rugged use.
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat's Dad View Post
    Don't fish hooks snag and leave scars?
    No. If you pull the hook out from the direction it went in you can't tell it was ever there. I've intentionally stuck hooks into the SeaDek as a temporary holder from time to time. If you ripped a buried hook out by the eye then it would leave a small gash. That's similar to what the damned cat did to mine. The small holes completely fill and self heal; gashes do not. Imagine pulling a hook out of your hand and you get the idea.

15. Member

16. Member
    I have 3 years on my sea dek. Looks great and after a cleaning it looks new. Feels good as well in the summer.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by August west View Post
    I have 3 years on my sea dek. Looks great and after a cleaning it looks new. Feels good as well in the summer.
    Couldn’t agree more August. Mine is 3 years old too, and looks great. Cleans much easier than carpet. Dog goes with me every time and haven’t seen any nail marks. I’m always happy I have it when the dog takes a leak when I forget to fit in a pit stop for him.

I know no one wants to make the wrong decision, but don’t over think it. Everyone who gets in my boat is impressed.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex