2000 Javelin Renegade 20

Hello folks,
    I am looking at a 2000 Javelin Renegade with a 225 on it. I was hoping to get some opinions about the boat. Good, bad, ugly. This boat was a well taken care of boat, but I am unfamiliar with this brand. Wanted to reached out to people that have owned them. Thanks in advance

Great boat, if the motor is good and set up right you should be mid to upper 70s. Small front deck for a 20' boat but other than that they are great. I love mine and I bought it new.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    I had a 99 with a 200 and loved it. It was a low 70s boat but mine did have some wood in it. I am not sure about the 2000. Boat rode great!!!! Check for soft spots near floor drain. If solid get it!!

4. Member
    great boat, likes to chine walk
    Daniel Willoughby

Quote Originally Posted by DTW2 View Post
    great boat, likes to chine walk
    They will chine walk real bad if not set up correctly. I ordered mine without a JP and it came with a Renegade 23. Holy shyt, at about 60 or show she would walk like hell.
    Added the JP with no help. Started messing with different props (non OMC) and things got better. I now run a 26 Trophy and she barely walks at all. I have a 200HO Etec on the back and do 73 by myself, all tackle and mostly full of gas. The walk is very minimal and easily corrected when it starts.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    Right height and right prop they arent so bad to walk If motor isnt too low

7. Member
    Great boat , 70 mph + when set up properly. Chine Walk never a problem with the one i had.

2016 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, 250 PRO XS
    Shawn Willoughby