Thread: SHO Motor Cover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SHO Motor Cover

Wanting to buy a good motor cover for a 175 SHO. I know tuff skinz makes a good one, but would like it to have the Yamaha decals on it. What are some other options out there?

2. Member
    Fun n Sun carries them too, more economical from a cost perspective as well. Tuffskinz are excellent but pricey. Locating one with Yamaha SHO decals and vented will be a task for sure.

---------------------------------------
    2011 Skeeter ZX200 w/SHO 200.

4. Member
    The problem is that no after market company is going to put the logos on the cover in the USA. There is a company in Australia that puts the logo on them and they fit like a glove. It took like 4 weeks to get. They are vented so you can leave on when running.

5. Member
    I will try to post pics when I get out to the boat. The cover was not cheap.

6. Member
    Thanks for all of the feedback guys! Ended up ordering one from Sim Yamaha, my main concern was protection while trailering so this seemed like the best option.

7. Member
    Outboard covers and accessories

8. Member
    I bought mine from Tuff Skins and then got decals from Iguana Grafix

2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

9. Member
    I know Yamaha doesn’t want their logos on anything they don’t have control over, but do you think you could buy a decal set that would go on the cowling to put on the motor cover?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    I bought mine from Tuff Skins and then got decals from Iguana Grafix

looks great! Is there anything specific about the type of decal you purchased.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    looks great! Is there anything specific about the type of decal you purchased.
    Not sure. They are thicker, heavy duty decals. You could ask Darryl from Iguana Grafix. He told me I wouldn't have any issues with these decals coming off. They've been on this cover for 2 years now and I never take the cover off.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

12. Member
    I did the same with a vented cover that was a plain jane. Iguana made the decals to match the boat. Never came off
    YJHAMMER 11
    Hollywood MD
    2019 Skeeter FX21LE

13. Member
    I have a 250 SHO on my FX21. I have a travel cover that has the decals, I think I got it from SimYamaha. I've often thought about going to a vented cover that I can leave on all the time, especially with the casting ability of some of the friends I take fishing:-);-(. I had a friend who put an expensive cover on his 225 Merc 2 stroke and after it was on for a few months he took it off and it messed up the finish on his cowling. It looked like the heat from the motor couldn't get out and it sort of baked the inside of the cover to the cowling. Have any of you had any problems with this and do you think having the cover on causes your engine to run hotter, especially in the summer months. Thanks for your feedback.

14. Member
    I’ve had them on my last 2 boats all year in Texas weather with no issues. I would suggest though you take it off every time you wash the boat to ensure you clean under it as well.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Skeeter View Post
    I’ve had them on my last 2 boats all year in Texas weather with no issues. I would suggest though you take it off every time you wash the boat to ensure you clean under it as well.
    Thanks for the reply and tip. You may have hit the problem on the head so to speak. My buddy always wiped his boat (very nice Ranger 119C) down after each use but I don't ever remember him taking the motor cover off!

16. Member
    How long did it take to get your 250 SHO cover?

17. Member
    Ordered from tuffskinz 2/17. Received it via USPS today (3/3). No custom graphics, just blank. Never got a shipping acknowledgment, it just showed up.

It fits like a glove BTW. Way better than I expected. I doubt it’ll come off more than once a year or so. My initial impression is great.
    2021 FXR20LE Option 3

18. Member
    funny!!! I asked because I ordered mine on Feb 17th, no shipping info or other correspondence
    I got home and it was delivered yesterday too (3/3)
    I emailed them yesterday asking about delivery, then get home & its there

I got a vented white Tough Skinz 2 months ago...special lettering...head turner...so far so good

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

20. Member
    My buddy just got a vented cover with the Yamaha Sho logo from Outboard Covers and Accessories in Australia. It took about three weeks to get it. It looks nice. It was around $300 delivered. I have pictures but don’t know how to post them.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast