Cable length for hot foot

Hello,

Just trying to get all of the parts together before the boat comes out of storage, I purchased a sea star hot foot for my 462vs, but it needs a cable. I’m sure the one to the hand controls will be too short.

Anyone know what length throttle cable I should run?

Thanks for any help!

2. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    3' longer than your console cable..................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

3. Member
    Jason - On my recently sold 462, I pulled the original throttle cable back into the battery compartment and secured it to the front wall; leaving it still hooked up to the shifter. You can always rehook the original cable to the engine if away somewhere and the Hot Foot becomes a problem. Buy a spare spring for your Hot Foot and keep it on the boat, you are screwed if the factory spring breaks and you have a tournament going on. Ranger service dept advised epoxying a piece of 3/4" plywood under the console to mount the Hot Foot on, and I peeled the carpet back and did that with some screws that went into the floor about 1/2" to hold the plywood down. Gave the ply 2 or 3 coats of latex paint before installing as extra waterproofing to the exterior grade plywood.

Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    Jason - On my recently sold 462, I pulled the original throttle cable back into the battery compartment and secured it to the front wall; leaving it still hooked up to the shifter. You can always rehook the original cable to the engine if away somewhere and the Hot Foot becomes a problem. Buy a spare spring for your Hot Foot and keep it on the boat, you are screwed if the factory spring breaks and you have a tournament going on. Ranger service dept advised epoxying a piece of 3/4" plywood under the console to mount the Hot Foot on, and I peeled the carpet back and did that with some screws that went into the floor about 1/2" to hold the plywood down. Gave the ply 2 or 3 coats of latex paint before installing as extra waterproofing to the exterior grade plywood.

That is exactly what the plant told a buddy of mine years ago.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Thank you for the great advice!

Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post