Boat efx steps on ranger trail

Let’s see some pictures. I got mine and seems to have to mount above second hook? Steps seem really high.

2. Member
    i have mounted mine, but I have not had the boat out yet. I agree, it seems high, I am old, not sure I can get my leg that high. lol I have been looking to see if I think it will work if I split the bolts, with one above the hook and one below. It would mean only using 2 of bolts though. Following to see what others think
    Go Big Blue!

3. Member
    Gotta ask, what do you mean by "hook"?

4. Member
    I got mine mounted but I removed the middle bolt on the back side so I could mount it as low as possible.

5. Member
    The hook is the lower eye for the safety strap.
    Go Big Blue!

6. Member
    GM4IU, does it seem pretty stable/steady? No shakiness?
    Go Big Blue!

7. Member
    It seems pretty stable although I haven’t been able to hook up to the truck and try them out with this weather. I really wish I could find a more stable jack though. Bad design on the jack.

8. Member
    No help with the BoatEFX steps I have a set of Trick Steps sitting my garage waiting on a boat. They seem to be well made if weight is an indication but no idea how they will fit. According to Trick Step the model I got is the one that will work. I will post a picture of it if and when I get my boat. Should have been next week but probably delayed a week or more because of the weather.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    No help with the BoatEFX steps I have a set of Trick Steps sitting my garage waiting on a boat. They seem to be well made if weight is an indication but no idea how they will fit. According to Trick Step the model I got is the one that will work. I will post a picture of it if and when I get my boat. Should have been next week but probably delayed a week or more because of the weather.
    Trick Steps on my RT188. Just make sure you have enough clearance on the bumper in a sharp turn. If not, buy a longer draw bar.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Trick Steps on my RT188. Just make sure you have enough clearance on the bumper in a sharp turn. If not, buy a longer draw bar.

I never thought about turning clearance for the steps. I just bought a new Weigh Safe adjustable hitch and the ball does not sit very far back. My truck is a 2020 F350 4X4 which sits pretty tall so maybe the bottom step would go under the bumper but that may be wishful thinking. I'm also not sure if the new design trailers with the straight instead of angled front post will make any difference. I'm also getting a tandem trailer which may or may not be a factor. My 198 is going to be white also.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119