Thread: Any worries?

Any worries?

I thinking of mounting my money pole and a push pole behind my seats on the deck. I know the fuel tank is down there somewhere, but will I be OK installing the mounting brackets? The tank access has 1 1/2” screws that didn’t hit anything so I’m guessing there is some clearance under the deck. This is on my 2005 201 Pro XL.

Thanks all
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

Trip hazzard?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    There is that, but also the need to be accessible.

Insurance company may think your accessibility was reckless if your guest gets seriously hurt or worse. Other than that I don't think it would be an issue.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Well, I’ll close this thread. Home based lawyers have made it a criminal/civil liability concern. Also, to all who leave exposed hooks on the front deck attached to 12 rods that are trip hazards, you are now warned. Same if your co falls off the back and you don’t have signage and a signed liability form.

Last edited by fishinarc; 04-05-2021 at 03:42 AM.

7. Member
    That is where I have my money pole installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    Well, I’ll close this thread. Home based lawyers have made it a criminal/civil liability concern. Also, to all who leave exposed hooks on the front deck attached to 12 rods that are trip hazards, you are now warned. Same if your co falls off the back and you don’t have signage and a signed liability form.
    So you lay your rods perpendicular to your boat across the main walk from front to back and you anchor your rods down so they will not move if kicked? Maybe start two or three more threads crying about some guy that suggests your idea may not be so good. And you were a Marine, prolly during the Obummer era?

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    So you lay your rods perpendicular to your boat across the main walk from front to back and you anchor your rods down so they will not move if kicked? Maybe start two or three more threads crying about some guy that suggests your idea may not be so good. And you were a Marine, prolly during the Obummer era?

Not a marine, That's Semper Fidelis Always Faithful. Semper Paratus is Latin for always ready he's a former Coastie. Otherwise known as a shallow water sailor.

10. Member
    You should of checked to see where you're fuel intake and breather line ran as they are on top of the tank. Good luck with install but if you smell gas. You may want to check your work.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Not a marine, That's Semper Fidelis Always Faithful. Semper Paratus is Latin for always ready he's a former Coastie. Otherwise known as a shallow water sailor.
    In the heat Champ. Figures.