Boat Lanes - Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn

So I just bought this and uploaded it to my graph. Does anybody have any reason not to trust them? All the reports and the reviews say they are top notched. Just want to take care of my equipment. There are a few tracks that look like it takes you through the forests but I'm guessing that's the benefits of having the card.

Can only speak for T Bend.
    They are pretty dang accurate.
    Don't forget common sense. As with any lake, they don't show floating logs, other boats and anything else that may be bobbing around out there.

I'd have to see what yer looking at when you say "takes you through the forests". There are some lanes on that card that are only meant for certain water levels(basically full pool), and if you look close and follow the entire lane there will be some Red X's inline with the lane. Those stretches are idle only especially when the lake ain't full pool. I have confirmed several of those stretches at different water levels.

Now here's the catch with T Bend for someone unfamiliar with the original boat roads marked with buoys.
    And also for someone with the Boat Lanes mapping cards.

If something don't line up as yer running the lake. STOP. and idle until you get yer bearings and are confident of the path you want to proceed on.
    In other words, who ya gonna believe if yer running along staring at your graphs boat lanes and also watching the marked boat roads per the buoys, and suddenly the boat lanes take you one way but the next buoy does not. And don't take for granted the dude in front of you knows which one is correct either. Idiots walk and boat among us.
    The buoys get blown all over the place from time to time and SRA on the TEXAS side does a pretty shitty job of maintaining them. Out of place and missing buoys can bite ya in the ass.

Pay careful attention to intersections of main creeks and crossover(East/West) buoys.
    I know of a few places that have slight bends in the main boat road right near these intersections.
    If you are running and looking at the buoys it will appear you are heading to the next main boat road buoy, when in fact that buoy you see is the second buoy into the intersecting creek. The "next" main buoy would be slightly to yer left, or right.

By not running to that next main buoy you'd be "cutting the corner" and skipping the FIRST buoy into the creek. Yer running to the second one and I know of places that are death to yer lower unit and/or yer ass if you cut the corner.

Once again, DO NOT FOLLOW other boats, unless it's me. LOL or someone you know that is familiar with the lake.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

3. Member
    Ok. Thanks for the info. It's Toledo that I more referring to. Be down there Thurs and Fri trying to find some fishes.....

4. Member
    If you have humminbird lakemaster that’s your best choice ive used. I’m on the lake as much as 5 times a week and it’s the only map I trust. When the lake was 7 ft low I ran it and never hit anything

5. Member
    I have been running the Boatlanes.com map on Toledo Bend for the past 6 years. I have run everything from Housen Bay south to the dam. I have come to trust it and I do run by GPS only after dark. They did a great job of mapping all of the boat runs. Learn to trust your electronics and don’t run to the stray buoys. Zoom in when running and stay tight on track until you get comfortable. Takes the guess work out when a buoy or two are missing and on intersections.

2007 Skeeter ZX190DC / Yamaha 150 HPDI