Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Elites are coming... St. Johns Practice Days starting...

2021 St. Johns Elite event practice start this weekend... tomorrow I think. Gonna see some pro boats on the river tomorrow for sure...

2. Member
    Damn, as bad as bike week each year.

3. Member
    They have all been calling me asking where the fish are...I ain't saying nothing.
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I am at the big O this week and have seen a lot of MLF anglers around town

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    ‘‘Tis the season for our fish to get preyed upon for $$! On Kissimmee and the Harris Chain I’ve seen more wrapped boats lately than I thought existed.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    Redneck nascar on the water.

7. Banned
    Aint nothing good about the Elites coming to Palatka. All it does is expose spawning areas on national TV that people from out of state normally wouldn't know about. The worst thing is when they track the boats and show the trails from Palatka to where they are fishing. BASS has no respect for the locals who fish here every day, if they did they would do away with the way they track the boats in the top ten.

8. Member
    Get off my lawn!!

9. Member
    Pretty true though...at least get off the couch and follow them around like lemmings.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Pretty true though...at least get off the couch and follow them around like lemmings.
    You at work...call me. Might go to Rodman Saturday.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 02-09-2021 at 02:18 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Aint nothing good about the Elites coming to Palatka. All it does is expose spawning areas on national TV that people from out of state normally wouldn't know about. The worst thing is when they track the boats and show the trails from Palatka to where they are fishing. BASS has no respect for the locals who fish here every day, if they did they would do away with the way they track the boats in the top ten.
    There is not a lot that we tend to agree with, but MM you are Spot ON with this comment.

Last time I watched a BASS Show they were showing the exact trail the Leaders took to get where they were Fishing right down to the Spot they were on. Might as well dropped a GPS Waypoint.

Each Year DURING and AFTER BASS comes the water is blasted with people that normally wouldn't be there. Last time I went near George it was crazy. Folks looking to follow the Pros. Folks looking for their Own for an Open that was happening on Sunday. 2-3 Clubs holding a TX on Saturday. College Tx on Saturday.

Everywhere you went there were Boats. I finally found a spot where there was No One is SIGHT and stared working it. I found a few and I mean a few fish, and when I look up from unhooking one there are 2-3 boats setting down and 2-3 more on the way to me. And I'm just an average guy just out fishing because I like it.

Had one College Team push in between Me and the Fish I was working and sat down there until they filled a limit and culled a couple. Then blasted off for the Ramp. Bet they was proud of them fish they "found" and brought to the stage.

12. Member
    I watched the tx live yesterday and noticed several of the pros and a couple of the commentators mention lack of grass anywhere on any of the lakes on the river. I did not hear any of them say any of it was due to the spraying. All said it was due to the hurricanes which I know did play a part in the lack of grass. I wonder if they have been told not to say anything negative about the spraying ?

13. Member
    I agree and disagree! I bet those saying they should not televise watched every hour of live if he or she could depending on life. Yes it attracts people, however, river fishing is different. That stretch of cypress Hackney was on could take a person 5 years to fish. And that is one bank of hundreds of miles. The sport has become more popular and there are of course more boats but in the end it is just fishing. IMHO, a lot of life folks put too much into things instead of just going out and having fun. I drove by 3 very popular ramps and there were a hand full of boats at them.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    I watched the tx live yesterday and noticed several of the pros and a couple of the commentators mention lack of grass anywhere on any of the lakes on the river. I did not hear any of them say any of it was due to the spraying. All said it was due to the hurricanes which I know did play a part in the lack of grass. I wonder if they have been told not to say anything negative about the spraying ?

Spraying on the River is managed by the Army Corps of Engineers, not FWC/FL Dept of Agriculture.

For the most part the ACOE are looking to control floating navigational hazard plants like hyacinth and water lettuce. A hundred years ago or so, hyacinths essentially blocked navigation on the River.

They will spray hyacinth that gets caught up in the spatterdock, and the spatterdock will yellow, but comes back. Two years ago, this is what occurred in Julington Creek, and my discussions with ACOE are the basis of this post.

I'm not a proponent of the FWC war on aquatic vegetation, but can't blame them for this. It was all mother nature.

15. Banned
    Orion922...i dont give two shits about watching it. And yea, the way they pin point each anglers location is f#&!#! Up. I mean why? Stuff i spent learning as a kid was /is giving away in an hour. Piss on bass. Go to a remote lake in vermont and film up there. Stay up there! I guarantee right now some dude from Pa saw this and is saying think ill make a trip down there next year. Presto...another unwanted boat on a dwindling fishery. Just stay away BASS!
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 02-15-2021 at 09:23 AM.

16. Member
    sorry you feel that way. I mean yeah it sucks, I like many others have fished that same stretch of water where New caught them Sunday and I am sure it will be a parking lot for the next few months, but Palatka will continue to host tournaments.

all those anglers and support staff help the economy, i never really realized the impact of one of these until recently but its significant. I welcome that gentlemen from Pa, come stay in our hotels, run all over the river, burn lots of gas, eat lots of food from local restaurants. come have a blast down in Putnam!!!!! and now thanks to Bass you even know where to fish... lol...

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Orion922...i dont give two shits about watching it. And yea, the way they pin point each anglers location is f#&!#! Up. I mean why? Stuff i spent learning as a kid was /is giving away in an hour. Piss on bass. Go to a remote lake in vermont and film up there. Stay up there! I guarantee right now some dude from Pa saw this and is saying think ill make a trip down there next year. Presto...another unwanted boat on a dwindling fishery. Just stay away BASS!
    I don’t disagree and understand your point. For me — I leaned it all myself when I got here in the early 90s. I think for me my mind is skewed because I have fished all over the country. Florida has always provided me the most freedom fishing over my years. Sure, maybe they should give a broad sense of where they are fishing instead of a spot. However, even someone from Maine would be able to Google the Astor canals and fish them. I apologize since I’m not trying to be argumentative just know we still have it the best.

18. Banned
    If they were not so expressive about where they were fishing then yea no big deal but when bass practically draws a map to the spots then yea...it blows. Example, they dont bed everywhere on the east shore...they do it in certain areas and in clumps. Now bass showed exactly where to pin point where as before a guy from Ohio might pull in just north of there fish for an hr, not get bit and leave thinking ahhh there not here and leave. No, ur just not in the right areas. Growing up a friend had a lake place on the bulkhead where the winner caught his fish and once again bass went out of there way to show exactly where and what he was doing. Why? Why cant they just shut up and film showing the guys fishing.

19. Banned
    No longer have the lake place. Ran into issues with septic tanks and forced to get out. Options to update too expensive. This was pushed by someone who wanted all the property.

20. Member
    Hey Matt thanks, I was wondering how a guy...who I have no bad feelings for BTW is able to find all those bedding fish on the side of the second biggest lake in the state of Florida.. I wish I had that skill, maybe one day. Whatever..as a child (40plus years ago) I saw many a fish guides in my lake riding around with Step ladders in their boats locating bedding fish so they could charge folks $500per fish over 10lbs. That's America i guess.

I catch my fish the old fashion way I earn them...no shiners either!. hahaha
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast