2019 Z520C with 250Pro XS 4 stroke prop queation

Just bought a new left over Z520C with PRO XS 4 stroke and the manual Slidemaster plate. I have a 23p Fury that came with it, 3 blade. Anyone have any experience with a 23p Trophy Plus 4 blade on this boat set up? If yes how will it perform differently? I know a guy with one that he tried one time and will sell it very cheap. ALSO WHAT WOULD BE THE PROPER DIAMETER FOR THIS SET UP?

2. Member
    Every single 520/ Mercury 4 stroke I’ve seen is running a fury 3 23”, must be a reason for it.

3. Member
    That's because Mercury said to put it on there. 23 Tempest will work too but I don't thing the Trophy will give you enough bow lift.

4. Member
    I wonder what a Bravo 1 would do on these motor's.

5. Member
    It will lift that hull pretty good at least it will with a 2 stroke. You would want a 23 or 24" bravo.

6. Member
    That's what I was thinking .

7. Member
    These new motors won't turn a big prop like the old strokes they want high rpm's the higher the better. Did you ever get that motor running Chavis? Normal Bravo's only come in 15.25" diameter which is what you want a Bravo FS or an XS both of which have PVS holes that can be plugged to reduce venting on take off if needed.

8. Member
    Nad part's still on the sofa .

Would love to hear the numbers you're getting with that 23" Fury 3. I would think it can spin more pitch based on a few other reports. Definitely try the Trophy if you can, generally a pretty good all around prop, you can run the four blades higher, depending how heavy you're running. Bravo XS tend to pitch up, by 1".

Scroll down to the comments, you'll see someone asking about a 520C. Great info on the Merc racing prop blog posts.

https://www.mercuryracing.com/bravo-...ance-update-2/

10. Member
    If it was my Z520C there would be two props I'd be testing, a Fury 3 blade and a Tempest. I'd start with a 23 pitch and see how things look (RPMs, hole shot, mid-range, top end, lift, water pressure, etc.). Then I'd go up or down in pitch based on results. I'm guessing the 23 pitch is right. Then I'd send the best of the two props off to Mark to B&B and use the other as a spare.

This info is based off my testing on my Z19, a friend's new Z521L, a friend at Ranger Boats who tests props for them and others I know running a Z520 around here.

11. Member
    I'd try a bravo fs but larger than what I said before at least a 25". I watched a test Saturday and the guy was running a fury and wanted to run a four blade. They tried the Trophy and it killed the speed dropping it 10 mph so they took it off and tired a bravo fs which was the best choice of the props they tried.

12. Member
    I run a Croxton trued up 23P Fury 3 blade on the exact same boat as the OP and think overall its the best wheel for this hull/motor combo. The one thing I noticed right off the bat is the motor height from Ranger is really low. Mine was set at 4" below pad. I'm currently at 2.75" and have found that to be the best setup for my rig. Best speed to date is 73.5 by myself, full tackle load, 3/4 tank of gas and empty wells. With more room to run I'm sure I could have broke 74. Holeshot is very good with this setup. Based on how my rig performs, I'm not planning on trying any different wheels.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

13. Member
    My boat is different. Champion 210. 20'10". So it's similar. I am running a 23 Fury that does well. I initially ran a 25 Tempest and a 25 Fury but the 23 Fury does better. I would like to compare it to a Bravo but don't know which one to try or have access to one either.
    GETFISHED !!!