RT 188 Ranger Boat Cover

Looking for a good RT 188 Boat Cover if anyone has one for sale. Mine is a 2015 if that makes a difference.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

When I was at the factory having something done, they gave me a cover they use. Transhield makes it. The numbers on the tag are ...PART NUMBER F2224.1....DESC --- RANGER 18 FT ALUMINUM. This is a fine cover and fits and cinches down just fine. They used it as a shipping cover from the repair shop. I have used mine off and on for two years and it has done a good job so far. I would check with them.

Caveat... I have not used it as a travel cover on the highway myself but it was their transport cover. I have used mine as a storage cover and local cover. It is easy to put on and waterproof and had a fleece lining for protection. I also bet it does not cost an arm and a leg.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    When I was at the factory having something done, they gave me a cover they use. Transhield makes it. The numbers on the tag are ...PART NUMBER F2224.1....DESC --- RANGER 18 FT ALUMINUM. This is a fine cover and fits and cinches down just fine. They used it as a shipping cover from the repair shop. I have used mine off and on for two years and it has done a good job so far. I would check with them.

Caveat... I have not used it as a travel cover on the highway myself but it was their transport cover. I have used mine as a storage cover and local cover. It is easy to put on and waterproof and had a fleece lining for protection. I also bet it does not cost an arm and a leg.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I take my boat out of the garage the night before a tournament and hook it up. I'm wanting something that will keep the rain out if it happens to rain in the middle of the night.

4. Member
    My cover would not fit my boat after I put an Ultrex on it. The boat originally had a Motorguide X3 on it when I got the cover.
    I had my cover modified so it would fit in the trolling motor area.
    Thats just something to keep in mind if you find a used cover.

Quote Originally Posted by FlFedAngler View Post
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I take my boat out of the garage the night before a tournament and hook it up. I'm wanting something that will keep the rain out if it happens to rain in the middle of the night.
    It would be perfect for what you want. I put a piece of PVC between the seat posts and then cinch it down. The PVC makes sort of a tent that water rolls off of. You could put this thing on and take it off in about 5-10 minutes easy. There are a couple of other tricks I use. PM me if you get it and I will tell you. By the way, I do have the ULTREX and the cover fits fine as is from the factory. At least mine does.

6. Member
    I just put the flip up seat in back without the pole and with the back of the chair up water never puddles.

7. Member
    I was hoping they mad one like I had on my 188VS. Just throw it on, ratchet it tight with the ratchets that comes with it and walk away.

I was hoping they mad one like I had on my 188VS. Just throw it on, ratchet it tight with the ratchets that comes with it and walk away.
    You have to leave the seats in don't you?? I think the cover would work the same. I use the PVC as a precaution so there is no chance of creating a puddle. It would work the same I think... I also use a protection on the TM prop and the sharp aluminum corners. The fiberglass has more rounded corners. The guys that used to work for me called me a "belt and suspenders boss" ... Meaning that I usually take more precautions than most... I think it would work like you want with the seats left in place.

9. Member
    You have to leave the seats in don't you?? I think the cover would work the same. I use the PVC as a precaution so there is no chance of creating a puddle. It would work the same I think... I also use a protection on the TM prop and the sharp aluminum corners. The fiberglass has more rounded corners. The guys that used to work for me called me a "belt and suspenders boss" ... Meaning that I usually take more precautions than most... I think it would work like you want with the seats left in place.
    On my VS I did not have to leave the seats in. Never used them. With the ratchet system it was very tight. And I don't have seats for my RT. I may have to call ranger and ask.

On my VS I did not have to leave the seats in. Never used them. With the ratchet system it was very tight. And I don't have seats for my RT. I may have to call ranger and ask.
    I have the factory cover and it would not fit over the seats but would pond without some thing to create a tent in the center. I wanted something that was easy to remove and transport with the cover so this is what I came up with.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

11. Member

I tried to find the cover with the part number you referenced but unfortunately couldnt locate it. I sent a note to Transheild to see if they can point me in the right direction as I am interested in a reasonable cover. Thanks for the headsup.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

[url=https://rt[/url]

This is a pic of the tag if that helps. Also Bill's setup with the fittings and string would work to prevent puddling as well. I just happened to already have some PVC in the garage a few feet away and rigged that up. I don't really travel overnight with the cover so PVC does fine for me.

If you were traveling and staying in a hotel and wanted to cover it, I think Bill's idea would be better. Bill shared his with me a long time ago and have one like his for a boat I take to Florida when I fish down there. I just had the PVC handy and used it on the other boat... the RT that stays in town. Both work, but Bill's would be easier to travel with. The point is that I believe you will need something to tent it. I have another friend that uses those clear plastic storage containers and he puts one upsidedown on each side of the seat posts, both front and rear. That works too.
    Last edited by Panama; 02-10-2021 at 09:24 AM.

13. Member
    [url=https://rt[/url]

This is a pic of the tag if that helps. Also Bill's setup with the fittings and string would work to prevent puddling as well. I just happened to already have some PVC in the garage a few feet away and rigged that up. I don't really travel overnight with the cover so PVC does fine for me.

If you were traveling and staying in a hotel and wanted to cover it, I think Bill's idea would be better. Bill shared his with me a long time ago and have one like his for a boat I take to Florida when I fish down there. I just had the PVC handy and used it on the other boat... the RT that stays in town. Both work, but Bill's would be easier to travel with. The point is that I believe you will need something to tent it. I have another friend that uses those clear plastic storage containers and he puts one upsidedown on each side of the seat posts, both front and rear. That works too.
    Big thank you for providing the image. I actually made some saw horse type PVC stands for my current cover which work well. I dont travel with my current cover at home but use a $99 generic cover that has a very limited life as you can imagine so I am doing some research to see which route is the best for me.
    2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin

14. Member
    Did anybody get any details like cost on this Transhield cover....one with felt lining that cinches and fits would be interesting.

If Ranger used it themselves and the tag actually says Ranger 18 aluminum, I have to believe it is a good cover and fits well.

Any more information??
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    Did anybody get any details like cost on this Transhield cover....one with felt lining that cinches and fits would be interesting.

If Ranger used it themselves and the tag actually says Ranger 18 aluminum, I have to believe it is a good cover and fits well.

Any more information??
    Yup I received this from them in regards. Please note the cover that was referenced above is only for bulk purchases for manufacturers. The one mentioned below is a generic cover recommended but I passed on it since it is not rated for high speed usage.

Thomas, thank you for the information. Knowing that, we'd recommend our 18'-19' v hull cover. It will give you enough coverage to go over your outboard motor. The cover is made from the same material as your previous Transhield cover, the only difference is this one has more of a universal fit. But if you would like it to be more form-fitting, you can heat shrink the cover after you install it.

You can view and purchase the cover directly here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GKD5CPY..._dp&th=1&psc=1. And if you need any help installing the cover, heat-shrinking, etc., be sure to check out some of our instructional videos on the Transhield YouTube channel, or reach out to us directly.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have follow-up questions.

Cheers,

Josh Lambert |Marketing Coordinator
    TRANSHIELD, INC.

C: 574-210-6579
    O: 574-266-4118

2019 Ranger RT188
    Thomas Martin