Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Poor package job there. Person whol sold and shipped needs to make it right.

2. Member
    Glad you got it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Poor package job there. Person whol sold and shipped needs to make it right.
    ^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ not the fault of usps either

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    This is how a new rod arrived to my post office. Rod hanging out the end. No foam packing. Not secured in the tube. Just some clear packing tape to cover the end. Naturally the tip is broken off 4 inches down. Never suspected a member would ever ship something packaged in such a careless manner. Do I have any recourse or is this just my loss?
    I had the same thought. Received a rod with absolutely nothing around it. Rod was left free to bounce around and slide back and forth in the tube. Tube was in perfect shape. About 4 inches broke off rod tip. Seller claimed he had shipped 8 rods that way with no problem. All I can say is he should have been buying lottery tickets because he sure is one lucky dude.

Could have sent it back to the seller, but it was an inexpensive rod. We'd both have lost money with all the shipping costs so I took the loss. Another seller shipped in a PVC tube, but didn't wrap, didn't anchor the rod to one end, and used tape to cover the ends. Tape was missing on one end when it arrived. Rod was hanging out the end when the USPS guy opened the back door of his truck. Lost about 4 inches off the tip. I ate the cost of that rod, too. Luckily it wasn't expensive, but it was like new and a model that was out of production. A model that was very well liked in its price range.

I've shipped one rod. I packaged it similar to dragon1 except in a sturdy cardboard tube. I drilled two holes through both ends and bolted the end caps to the tube. Then wrapped that with tape. String around the handle and taped to the outside so the rod couldn't move back and forth. Probably couldn't have anyway given the amount of bubble wrap around the rod. Probably took the receiver a half hour to get the rod out of the tube.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    Man that sucks. I’ve sold and bought a bunch of rods off this site and have always shipped and received well packaged rods. However I bought a $200 rod from a member last month and he literally just stuck the rod in a tube with nothing on it. No wrap, tip protection, padding, nothing!
    Man that bad . I brought a few rod's from Jamey 1 and he does a good job packing them ,with tape and bubble wrap and PVC tubes and caps.
    Plan on, get to work to open and un-wrap them .

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by new2BC4bass View Post
    I had the same thought. Received a rod with absolutely nothing around it. Rod was left free to bounce around and slide back and forth in the tube. Tube was in perfect shape. About 4 inches broke off rod tip. Seller claimed he had shipped 8 rods that way with no problem. All I can say is he should have been buying lottery tickets because he sure is one lucky dude.

Could have sent it back to the seller, but it was an inexpensive rod. We'd both have lost money with all the shipping costs so I took the loss. Another seller shipped in a PVC tube, but didn't wrap, didn't anchor the rod to one end, and used tape to cover the ends. Tape was missing on one end when it arrived. Rod was hanging out the end when the USPS guy opened the back door of his truck. Lost about 4 inches off the tip. I ate the cost of that rod, too. Luckily it wasn't expensive, but it was like new and a model that was out of production. A model that was very well liked in its price range.

I've shipped one rod. I packaged it similar to dragon1 except in a sturdy cardboard tube. I drilled two holes through both ends and bolted the end caps to the tube. Then wrapped that with tape. String around the handle and taped to the outside so the rod couldn't move back and forth. Probably couldn't have anyway given the amount of bubble wrap around the rod. Probably took the receiver a half hour to get the rod out of the tube.
    Drilling holes through the ends and bolting the end caps seems like a really good idea.. I initially read it wrong.
    Anyways thats an interesting idea to drill holes but maybe a rod shipping best practices could be a thread.

I use PVC pipes and ship fedex mostly because they have been really good to me.. I once got a bottom contact rod from UPS broken and it hurted to see it..

7. Member
    I have bought some rods that were not packed well. The tough thing is if they look fine, do you send back? Tough to do. Do you you fish it risking that the rod is damaged and breaks on a hook set?

8. Banned
    Foam pipe insulation would be very cheap insurance to put a rod inside to keep it 100% protected inside the tube

Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    its hard telling now how he packed it,usps could have knocked the end off and just throwed the rod back in tube,i will not sell rods and ship them because things like this happen (the last ones i done a couple years had tire marks on the tube where usps ran over it during shipping)i refunded the guy his money
    Thats exactly what happened...Kacordy has a new replacement enroute...Caps were stapled and duct taped, rod ends were bubble wrapped, rod blank was plastic sleeved and in a rod glove... USPS did a number on her Claims are months behind.
    Northwoods Adventures Guide Service... Michigan's Upper Peninsula

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    Thats exactly what happened...Kacordy has a new replacement enroute...Caps were stapled and duct taped, rod ends were bubble wrapped, rod blank was plastic sleeved and in a rod glove... USPS did a number on her Claims are months behind.
    Wow, that really stinks, Tom. Thanks for sharing.

11. Member
    I owe Tom an apology for my initial post. I had no clue who I was purchasing the rod from. I was super shocked when I received the rod. I was mostly upset that a great rod got destroyed. I’m new to buying merchandise on BBC. I have bought many rods and reels in the last couple months on BBC. Everyone has been awesome. Tom and I connected by phone after I made this post. Tom is an amazing Person and Gentlemen. He reviewed how he packages and ship his rods. USPS was at fault. Thank you Tom for everything.
    Allen

12. Member
    I’ve had a half dozen rods destroyed by USPS over the years. My favorite was three new (discontinued) rods I’d been hunting for a year snapped in half, with the rod tube broken right at the “Do Not Convey” sticker
    Geoff Soard

2005 Ranger 521VX - 2012 Yamaha 250 VMax
    1996 Ranger 485V - 2016 Evinrude E-Tec 175

Always buying G. Loomis "Green" NRX, GLX CBRs and others.

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I owe Tom an apology for my initial post. I had no clue who I was purchasing the rod from. I was super shocked when I received the rod. I was mostly upset that a great rod got destroyed. I’m new to buying merchandise on BBC. I have bought many rods and reels in the last couple months on BBC. Everyone has been awesome. Tom and I connected by phone after I made this post. Tom is an amazing Person and Gentlemen. He reviewed how he packages and ship his rods. USPS was at fault. Thank you Tom for everything.
    Allen
    No reflection on you Allen, you have been great and understanding since this happened...Just wanted to share our frustration with these kinds of mishaps...AND they keep raising rates I sent out newest rods in a 4" tube, totally wrapped in 4" of bubble wrap...strapping tape...rod tip protectors...butts strapped thru end caps, which were stapled AND strapping taped... Paid 2X cost USPS at UPS and am praying .
    Northwoods Adventures Guide Service... Michigan's Upper Peninsula

14. Member
    Shipping is horrible. I recently went thru this with NEW rods, not from here. The first one was broken in half to make it fit in a box that was too short. The second one was broken about a foot down from the tip. And the third one was broken six inches from the tip, And just by luck the fourth one arrived unscathed. Now keep in mind this was a seven foot, one piece rod that I couldn't find locally, and I mean within fifty miles of me or I would have took a ride to get it. NONE of them were packed with ANYTHING around them or attached in any way to keep them safe, I kept ordering them until I got one that wasn't broken or they ran out of rods to send.

15. Member
    Big Tom.....is a great dude and honest guy. So if something happened it was an accident and out of his control. Buy with confidence.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassVoodoo View Post
    Big Tom.....is a great dude and honest guy. So if something happened it was an accident and out of his control. Buy with confidence.
    Yessir, agreed 100%...I have made a trade with Big Tom in the past, and it was Straight Aces throughout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12