Rapala DT's Old vs New

Is there any difference between older and current model Rapala DT cranks? Other than discontinued colors?
    Thanks

Aside from colors and different hooks used over time, I can't tell any difference at all. There is at least one model within the DT lineup that is no longer available in the DT Flat, though the new OG Slim is a DT Flat 3 with a different bill.

Regarding those hooks: If you come across any of the older ones with the "SureSet" trebles, I'd highly suggest changing them out. They will break your heart.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    Yes, not a big fan of those hooks. the Flats are selling for a good price; like most balsa flat baits

They definitely are, and I suppose that's at least part of the reason the Slim has been selling so well too. Of course what Ott did with it last spring is probably the bigger reason.

What I really wish they'd bring back are the Risto Raps! Those things were so good. I can't believe they discontinued them, and given how popular they still are, I'm really surprised we haven't seen a remake.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

5. Member
    Rapala has real good quality control. So they should be consistent. I liked the risto raps, got a little crazy and sold my last 2. Fat raps were real good. Colors not great. Guy on the swap board selling fat and shad raps at a good price. I'm looking for gold ones.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

The DTs fish the same as always. One of my favorites.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I bought two DT6s to see how they fished against my favorite crankbait, the Little John MD. Wow! The paint Jon’s on the DT6s are beyond my expectations and fishing them side by side the DT6 won that day. I love the LJ, but the DT6 throws further, goes about a foot deeper and catches fish! Sometimes having a favorite can bite you.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV