Thread: Carvanna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carvanna

Has anyone used Carvanna? If so have you had any issues?

We are considering buying a new car, however the dealerships have priced our trade below rough trade in. We input our information in Carvanna which came back about $800 above clean trade in. The amount they came in with is within the range I would sell our car on Craigslist.

2. Member
    saw someone on here had a good experience with them
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

One of my coworkers bought her car off of them last year. There was a couple hiccups, but ended up working out in the end. The first car they delivered she wasn't happy with. Just wasn't the right car for her, nothing wrong with the car itself. I think you get 7 days to trade it for something new. She found another car that she wanted, but they had just taken it in on trade and it wasn't processed yet. They couldn't get it to her for a couple of days after the 7 days trial period. They wouldn't extend her trial period so she had to give the car she didn't like back a couple days before they were able to deliver the new car so she had to borrow a car for 2 days. Overall she felt she got a good deal and ended up happy, just a little inconvenient for those 2 days.

4. Member
    I sold a truck to Carvana. Super easy with no issues. The person they sent to pick it up from my driveway arrived via Uber. He did a quick lap of the truck and made sure it started. Asked me to sign a few documents, handed me a check, and he drove off. I'd do it again.

5. Member
    ive heard dont buy from them cause the price is high but sell to them cause they give u a lot

6. Member
    My son sold his car outright to Carvana when buying a new car. The new car dealer said that they would put the used car that he sold to Carvana on the lot for $200 less than he received from Carvana. Transaction was very fast and simple. The money was in his account before the car left he sight. He would use them again. Now buying from Carvana, have no history.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    We have a couple buddies that have bought from them, both are happy with the process.

A little history on the concept.

https://www.autonews.com/retail/carv...n-billionaires

8. Moderator
    Heard they are a good place to get a car. Me myself would rather go to multiple dealers for the best price.

9. Member
    Sold a car to them - $800 more than what the dealer offered for a trade in.

I could have squeezed a few hundred more selling it myself but I needed it done quick and simple.
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

10. Member
    We sold a car to them. Fast, easy, and more than dealer offered for trade.

11. Member
    I sold my Yukon XL to Vroom in December, easy process and the money was in my account within 45 minutes.
    I sold it to them for 10K, Vroom picked it up and sold it at auction here in Detroit for $7400. Within 2 weeks, I searched the vin and found it for sale in Virginia, for $13,990. From the sales, it looks like Vroom lost money on the deal.

Mark

12. Member
    i haven't used them, but used CarMax. They paid $500 more than the dealer trade-in, very fast and easy.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

13. Member
    I shopped my 2020 Ranger around the dealerships for trade-in value. Most I got was $27,500, Carvana gave me $29,063. Easy cheesy. They even met me halfway between their nearest location and where I live. Took the truck for a short drive and handed me a business check for the agreed upon amount.

14. Member
    I got a quote for my old vehicle from them and used it as leverage for the trade-in price. In Wisconsin you only pay sales tax on what a vehicle is after trade-in value is deducted, so it's advantageous to trade-in a car.

15. Member
    we sold our 2018 Honda CR-V to them, they gave us 1500.00 more than anyone was willing to give, easy transaction too!!!

16. Member
    My son just sold a 2016 Jeep Cherokee to CarMax. They were $1200 higher on their offer than Carvanna. This was in Nashville.

17. Banned
    Went to carmax way back years ago and they wanted to honestly rob me in broad daylight. What a joke. The other i do not know about and have never heard anyone speak about dealing with them either.

18. Member
    I would definitely recommend comparing trade in price plus tax savings to the Carvanna price. Most states do not charge taxes on trade in.

An example would be: Trade in $20,000 vehicle at 7.5% tax rate saves you $1,500 in taxes. So, Carvanna would need to provide extra $1,500 relative to dealership to make it worth the effort.

Depends on the tax rate in your area.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexomaDan View Post
    I would definitely recommend comparing trade in price plus tax savings to the Carvanna price. Most states do not charge taxes on trade in.

An example would be: Trade in $20,000 vehicle at 7.5% tax rate saves you $1,500 in taxes. So, Carvanna would need to provide extra $1,500 relative to dealership to make it worth the effort.

Depends on the tax rate in your area.
    Definitely check out the sales tax angle. My state gives you 45 days after you sell your vehicle to buy another and get the sales tax credit toward the new one. Example, I sold my Ranger for 29,163, so I will get 6.5% x 29,163 applied to my next purchase. Just need to keep the bill of sale.

20. Member
    Sams club and Costco have good deals and youdont have to play the let me talk to my manager nonsense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast