Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AT replacement update

Lowrance is shipping new system expedited. They are bypassing normal warranty process. There was zero dispute about my issues. Took the serial numbers and set up replacement.

2. Member
    Good to hear! Looking forward to seeing some screenshots from your new AT.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Lowrance is shipping new system expedited. They are bypassing normal warranty process. There was zero dispute about my issues. Took the serial numbers and set up replacement.
    Awesome! Really hope they have figured out what was wrong and found a resolution. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    Awesome! Really hope they have figured out what was wrong and found a resolution. Keep us posted.
    Just speculation...but with such an agreeable replacement process, tells me they might know they have a few issues with some units. It happens, and I’m satisfied with the service so far. I’ll be more satisfied when the new system arrives

Ya cant ask for more than that. The rest of us all have our fingers crossed hoping ours are not going to have any issues. At least we know they will help us if we do. Update us when you get it and its working!

6. Member
    My replacement module should arrive tomorrow. 2 day FedEx. High hopes that it fixes it. Should be able to test it Saturday. They did not offer to replace the transducer since there's no way of knowing if
    it's weak until I get rid of the No Source message. I have no problem with that.

I got to go out today unfortunately, mine doesn't work either. Pretty much black no matter what I did, bumping up the contrast to 13 did help a bit, palates all about the same. Tier 2 is handling all the AT issues is what I was told. I was also told (by the first guy I spoke with) that they've been told to send a complete new package not just a module or just a transducer (I guess like XRD was told). He said they will send a complete new package, I can substitute one piece at time and send back a module and a transducer. I then got an email saying I am to return everything for evaluation and if they can't fix it they will replace.

That's not what the 1st guy told me so I called back and after 45 minutes, got another tier 2 guy, Dylan. He said don't worry, we are sending a complete new package and a FedEx return label. Replace the part(s) (although he said it's going to be the transducer) and send back one module and one transducer. Then he said let me just check that the 1st guy has everything setup correctly. Put me on hold for a minute and came saying it's a good thing I called back because it was not setup properly so he finished what should have been done before. I got an email with a FedEx label right away. He asked what the issue is that I had was having and I explained the lack of return and dark screen, he said yeah pretty much what they are hearing.

Both guys were very nice and helpful but, the first guy did kind of scare me be a bit when I told him I was having issues with my new AT connected to my Carbon 12. He said, "oh wow I thought AT was only for the Lives".

They are having stock issues so Dylan couldn't say when but they should be able to ship in a couple days.

And I didn't catch any fish
    2B576211

8. Member
    Thanks for the feedback, I have to say this is EXTREMELY disappointing if the majority are black screens, that means their quality control testing is definitely flawed, a high rate of DOA's (Dead on Arrivals) like this, no excuse. Mine's being delivered today, suffice it to say, I'm not that excited...
    Quote Originally Posted by RdRngR View Post
    I got to go out today unfortunately, mine doesn't work either. Pretty much black no matter what I did, bumping up the contrast to 13 did help a bit, palates all about the same. Tier 2 is handling all the AT issues is what I was told. I was also told (by the first guy I spoke with) that they've been told to send a complete new package not just a module or just a transducer (I guess like XRD was told). He said they will send a complete new package, I can substitute one piece at time and send back a module and a transducer. I then got an email saying I am to return everything for evaluation and if they can't fix it they will replace.

That's not what the 1st guy told me so I called back and after 45 minutes, got another tier 2 guy, Dylan. He said don't worry, we are sending a complete new package and a FedEx return label. Replace the part(s) (although he said it's going to be the transducer) and send back one module and one transducer. Then he said let me just check that the 1st guy has everything setup correctly. Put me on hold for a minute and came saying it's a good thing I called back because it was not setup properly so he finished what should have been done before. I got an email with a FedEx label right away. He asked what the issue is that I had was having and I explained the lack of return and dark screen, he said yeah pretty much what they are hearing.

Both guys were very nice and helpful but, the first guy did kind of scare me be a bit when I told him I was having issues with my new AT connected to my Carbon 12. He said, "oh wow I thought AT was only for the Lives".

They are having stock issues so Dylan couldn't say when but they should be able to ship in a couple days.

And I didn't catch any fish
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

Same for me. Amazing customer service.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

10. Member
    Just speculation...but with such an agreeable replacement process, tells me they might know they have a few issues with some units. It happens, and I’m satisfied with the service so far. I’ll be more satisfied when the new system arrives
    Congrats to you Dean. Glad for you. My return has not gone like yours at all and this is why I’m aggravated at Lowrance for the double standards. I called my problem, talked to level 2, said they would expedite me a replacement. Then I was told to send the bad one to California. 5 days later I called about it and was told it had just arrived but now needed to be shipped to Mexico for testing. After testing they would determine if a replacement was even warranted. Three days later I get an email say a replacement would be sent to me. That was 3 days ago. The tracking number provided just now shows it in transit from California and should arrive next Monday.
    So all told it will have been 14 days before I get a hopefully working replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexz521 View Post
    Congrats to you Dean. Glad for you. My return has not gone like yours at all and this is why I’m aggravated at Lowrance for the double standards. I called my problem, talked to level 2, said they would expedite me a replacement. Then I was told to send the bad one to California. 5 days later I called about it and was told it had just arrived but now needed to be shipped to Mexico for testing. After testing they would determine if a replacement was even warranted. Three days later I get an email say a replacement would be sent to me. That was 3 days ago. The tracking number provided just now shows it in transit from California and should arrive next Monday.
    So all told it will have been 14 days before I get a hopefully working replacement.
    Yes sir...that sounds aggravating for sure. Is it possible you were one of the first bad ones and they were determining if it was systemic problem or a one off? Either way frustrating for you.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    So Dean they can tell by the serial numbers? is there like a recall? Mines just sitting on the shelf at work. Im not planning to install it till I got my boat out in April. Can I call them with my serial number and have them check if its one of the bad ones?

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    So Dean they can tell by the serial numbers? is there like a recall? Mines just sitting on the shelf at work. Im not planning to install it till I got my boat out in April. Can I call them with my serial number and have them check if its one of the bad ones?
    I don’t know...I’d imagine they’d want you to run it before they would discuss. Obviously a lot of guys haven’t had issues. I’d get that thing installed and test it out, but you have plenty of warranty time as well.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I don’t know...I’d imagine they’d want you to run it before they would discuss. Obviously a lot of guys haven’t had issues. I’d get that thing installed and test it out, but you have plenty of warranty time as well.
    kinda hard when everyone is sitting on the water in tents with these funny looking 12 inch fishing rods lol

15. Member
    Dean you may be correct about mine being one of the first bad ones. They said they had never heard of this before.
    Anyway a new one is on the way and I will report back as soon as I get in installed and back on the water.

16. Member
    Got my replacement transducer today and it’s going back also. This time the sonar works but only shows have of the screen. The half it does show is still way worse than some photos on here. They are sending me a complete new set this time so I don’t have to wait 14 days like the first time.

The more I read on this the more upset I get with Lowrance. I don’t understand what happened between the final test phase and the retail launch to make so many of these units defective. What changed? I mean all the videos you see of these working the way they are supposed to are amazing. Then when they start rolling out retail models they went to pot. It would be nice if Lowrance would just come out and say what the heck is going on but we all know that won’t happen. I’m really sorry you guys are still having issues even after replacement parts have been sent.

18. Member
    The more I read on this the more upset I get with Lowrance. I don’t understand what happened between the final test phase and the retail launch to make so many of these units defective. What changed? I mean all the videos you see of these working the way they are supposed to are amazing. Then when they start rolling out retail models they went to pot. It would be nice if Lowrance would just come out and say what the heck is going on but we all know that won’t happen. I’m really sorry you guys are still having issues even after replacement parts have been sent.
    Yep, I plan on getting one but don't want to risk having to send it back and wait on a replacement that may or may not work. You would think they could figure out which ones don't work (by serial #) and recall them.

19. Banned
    Figure out where they are being assembled, where the components are made, and you'll know why they have these CQ problems. And they charge like they are built with American components by Americans. I'm a sucker just like everyone else but LiveSight is a total POS irrespective of what people that like it think. I'll wait a while before spending $1500 on AT.

No tracking info on replacement AT as of yet. Lowrance said it would likely ship on this past Monday...not yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast