LiveScope Installation on PT 175

So I ended up breaking down and buying the livescope unit along with the 93sv. After halfway tinkering around to step through the install at the bow I realized that this may be no easy task.

The best method I could come up with was to run my 10 AWG up and around the Aft starboard side under the panel and into the cockpit. From there I could go into the starboard front cabin but that's when I get stuck. I was planning on running the wire to a fuse block which in turn would power the GLS 10 Black box as well as the 93sv.
    I have heard of some people running wire under the main deck and then drilling into the rod locker but I am clueless as to how that is performed.

I had shoulder surgery in early January and will be out of my sling next week. The clock is ticking until spring and I'm getting a bit anxious.

If anyone has successfully installed this i would be very appreciative for some pro tips.

2. Member
    Not sure what year you have, but I have a 2020 175 TXW and will start out by saying that I cannot help you as I am saving up for a livescope.. but I will be be flagging this thread for when I do.
    But looking at my boat, I would run from battery to fuseblock mounted under drivers console, I hoping then to run up through console on starboard side and remove the trim that sits just under the gunnel/vera track (sits on top of the deck) and up to the bow. And I feel you on shoulder.. I have had reconstructive surgery on both shoulders... takes a bit to recover!!
    Hopefully I will be buying one (more than likely used) before spring if I get a stimulus check

3. Member
    Couple of questions what is the amp load on that, 10AWG will carry 30 amps, seems overkill to me and have you pulled the front plate yet there should be power wires already up there, you have power to your trim switch and there should be an extra set of wires that is not being used unless you already have a fishfinder up at the front
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

4. Member
    The large gauge wire is more to combat voltage drop than current capacity. I have Livescope and Garmin units. They do best if you can keep the voltage up as much as possible.

5. Member
    If thats the case then he needs to run SOOW Cord it will carry more voltage and amps
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

6. Member
    When I fished wires I took off the recessed trolling motor tray and used fiberglass fish stick I believe you can get a cheap set at harbor freight and fished all the to the back and put an inline fuse off the starting battery

7. Member
    Another good location is typically along the gunwale, most trackers have carpet that tuck from the deck up under the gunwale or versatrack, you can pull this back, tuck plenty of wiring under it and put it back into place without issue. Even protecting the wiring with corrugated loom covering if you'd like its generally unnoticeable when the carpet is returned. On a 175 you can come thru the console either into the right front compartment or directly into the carpet covering of the gunwale. If you pull that little corner back just in front of the console you will see some gaps where wiring can be run/ hidden. Hope this helps
    ,wiring3.jpgwiring2.jpg
    Last edited by bluephone; 03-05-2021 at 04:00 PM.

8. Banned
    My nephew tried to run wiring under the deck to the front and couldn't because of all the insulation. He used the wires that tracker put in during the build. They are smaller but he said he hasn't had any issues using his livescope.

9. Member
    I added panoptix to my TV-18 but I already had power run up to the front from a previous owners fish finder. I know this doesn't help with that part of it but one other helpful hint is to make a separate pole for your transducer instead of mounting it to your trolling motor. That way you can move it independently of your trolling motor. I made about a 5 foot pole out of pvc and attached to a ram mount. Very quick and easy to swivel in and out of the boat.