Tracker Deck Removal

I need to remove the carpeted deck at the stern of my Targa V18. I have already found that Tracker used 2" self-tapping, square drive screws into the aluminum framing. Any surprises I should be looking out for? I assume if I find all of the screws and get them all out, I should be able to just lift the carpeted plywood deck off and get to where I need to. Any advice appreciated.

Thank you, John.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

2. Member
    No real surprises, although you may find one that is stripped from the factory so be prepared to drill. Take out as many as you can find and then tug up on the panel, if its still stuck down you will be able to find where a screw is that you missed. It is very easy to lose track of where the screw holes were when you take the screws out, so when you go to put the deck back on you will wonder where all the holes went. So make sure before you reinstall the deck to mark the holes. I like to stick something that is removable through the hole like a small section of string before I go to reinstall. That way I can find them again.