Thread: Triton maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Puddlepirate198

Triton maybe?

Been lookin at a few used tritons. I’m curious what years would be the best to look at. I’m lookin for a 20’r possibly 21 but not sure on that. I’m curious when jdm bought them and if there was a year or 2 around that where the quality control may have been down. And maybe what to expect in performance and ride for I’ve never owned one. Thanks

2. Member
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

3. Member
    Seems jm got involved around 2010?

My recent purchase of a 2010 21hp shows quality not as good as the 04 & 05 I owned.

4. Member
    I don’t think JM got involved until 2018.

5. Member
    I’ve owned the Tr the X and on my 2nd Trx and I won’t own another one as ant Mr Bentz is no longer producing them 2019 was the last of his product

6. Member
    Earl Bentz hasn’t owned Triton boats in over 15 years. JM came in around 2018 as stated above.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wash84 View Post
    I’ve owned the Tr the X and on my 2nd Trx and I won’t own another one as ant Mr Bentz is no longer producing them 2019 was the last of his product
    If you want to wrongfully bash the product, you should at least get your story straight. Triton quality is as good now if not better than it’s ever been. That’s just a fact. Your not even close with what you’re saying. 2019???

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    If you want to wrongfully bash the product, you should at least get your story straight. Triton quality is as good now if not better than it’s ever been. That’s just a fact. Your not even close with what you’re saying. 2019???
    Im not bashing a goo**am thing ive loved the boat every since the day one thats why i still have one hell ive sold triton to three co-anglers over that time as for Earl he was still involved until he retired and came back with Caymas but irregardless of that the boats changed as of the 2020model thats a fact im not a fan of the changes Im not buying another triton simply because there slowly changing the boat fuk**in grown with and pushed other anglers too so resent the crap or i wouldnt bother to respond maybe i should of been more clear but of the OP cared he would of asked that being said my statement was a long way from bashing I love boat even though my sponsored dealer has been recruiting me to move to caymas as is they can no longer help me but i refuse so please harass some body else.

9. Member
    Sorry I must have misunderstood your point.... and data. In any case sorry you don’t like them anymore, I sure like mine and apparently a lot of other people do as well because that sell a LOT of them. Hope you enjoy your next boat whatever it is.

No need to cuss at me....

10. Member
    WRM purchased Triton, Ranger and Stratos in Feb 2015.

Triton is a top quality brand in my opinion...just as good as the other big players (Ranger, BassCat, Phoenix, Skeeter). Every brand has produced some lemons but the majority of issues for every manufacturer seem to be related to components....they all make quality hulls.

My Triton has been great...not a single stress crack, no component failures, still looks great because I take care of it.

That being said, I recommend you consider all the major brands and buy the best boat you can find.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

11. Puddlepirate198
    The 2018 trx21 for sale on here for 39,000 caught my interest it seems like a great rig for the money to me. I’m currently in a 198 champ. And trying to find something newer but also something I can afford it says it has a 2014 motor but I was thinkin I could sell the 2stroke for 10 or so and re power and have an 18 with a new four stroke and be in it for mid to upper 40’s which is what some of the others are listed for

12. Member
    I was interested in it as well about 6 weeks ago. I too thought it was a darn good deal. 2 phone calls and 2 texts later he finally picked up. Asked him a few questions about the boat and honestly I didn't get the feel he either wanted to really sell it, the loan remaining was more then $39k or just what the scoop was.
    I tried a few more times to contact him for more details and work out a deal and finally gave up and bought something else.

If he's serious and you can get a clear title for it at $39k I think it's a good deal, but he seems to be pretty distracted.

13. Member
    I had a 2016 TRX. I "think" this was the last year that Bentz still ran the Triton division but didn't own the company. It was a good boat. I traded it for a 2020 TRX, It's also a good boat. 2017 and 2018 is 2 of the years that Tritons manufacturing was in the process of relocating, some say these were iffy years for quality while many that own boats made during this timeframe report no issues. I would say any used boat you are considering just check it out closely. Lots of good quality boat manufacturers out there, your gonna find people that love and hate any brand mentioned. It's America, buy the one you like the best.
    Last edited by chatabass; 02-08-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Im not bashing a goo**am thing ive loved the boat every since the day one thats why i still have one hell ive sold triton to three co-anglers over that time as for Earl he was still involved until he retired and came back with Caymas but irregardless of that the boats changed as of the 2020model thats a fact im not a fan of the changes Im not buying another triton simply because there slowly changing the boat fuk**in grown with and pushed other anglers too so resent the crap or i wouldnt bother to respond maybe i should of been more clear but of the OP cared he would of asked that being said my statement was a long way from bashing I love boat even though my sponsored dealer has been recruiting me to move to caymas as is they can no longer help me but i refuse so please harass some body else.
    I find it highly unlikely that earl bentz was involved in 2019 while builidng up caymas boats at that time as well. Would love a source to read with the info you claim because that doesnt make much sense to me since JM bought them in 2015 along with Ranger and Stratos. Save the cussing too highly unecessary.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    If he agrees, itsahog can be our official Triton forum cuss recipient. If your feeling a little frustrated with your wife or the world in general, you can come on here and cuss at itsahog. Sorry itsahog but no extra pay is involved.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    If he agrees, itsahog can be our official Triton forum cuss recipient. If your feeling a little frustrated with your wife or the world in general, you can come on here and cuss at itsahog. Sorry itsahog but no extra pay is involved.
    HAHA!! Trust me I’m used to it, if all my buddies here and get frustrated and need to use me as a whipping post, I’m all yours! Anything for my fishing buds!!! Unfortunately I am as guilty as anybody for using fowl language, but I normally do it without thinking while I’m speaking, not so much on a keyboard! It all good....Lol

17. Member
    I try n keep things light hearted when I'm online, theres enough angst in the world without me adding to it. Yea I'm with ya, If I mash my finger bad enough, well, best cover the the little children's ears for a second:) Now since you agreed to it, here goes "DAD-GUM-IT itsahog my sorry butt Triton starts walking at 34 MPH and doesn't stop till the live wells leak so much ##*##*water that the dang bilge area is half full!. And JM is the devil". AHH, I feel better now, thanks itsahog
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    HAHA!! Trust me I’m used to it, if all my buddies here and get frustrated and need to use me as a whipping post, I’m all yours! Anything for my fishing buds!!! Unfortunately I am as guilty as anybody for using fowl language, but I normally do it without thinking while I’m speaking, not so much on a keyboard! It all good....Lol
    Last edited by chatabass; 02-08-2021 at 11:34 AM.

18. Member
    Perfect

19. Member
    Well do your research sir Ive had a 2015 model year i and i have a 2019 model i also have the thank you letter signed by Earl i also have the letter from JM that had the discount card the JM offers new triton owners Triton has been bought twice the first company Earl was still part of the company until JM bought triton in 2018 that is when Earl retired.

Well do your research sir Ive had a 2015 model year i and i have a 2019 model i also have the thank you letter signed by Earl i also have the letter from JM that had the discount card the JM offers new triton owners Triton has been bought twice the first company Earl was still part of the company until JM bought triton in 2018 that is when Earl retired.
    Im asking you. You seem to know alot about it. You spoke so strongly in your other posts youve sparked my curiousity. You could post a pic if your letter you got from earl bentz for your 2019 model. Id like to see it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast