Little fishin' fix for you (sorry Jerry)

Finally got the video done from our first trip down into Connecticut for some winter holdover stripers a few weeks ago. Sorry Jerry, you missed out bud. Hopefully a little motivation for you to get your butt down there when you get a chance, I guess they'll hold up in that area right into spring.

My buddy Andrew does what he does and caught the biggest fish from the back of the boat. Again. Dude just embarrasses me on a regular basis.

Still not sure why Andrew doesn’t have his own channel with you playing second fiddle considering he catches all the fish and doesn’t wear straight brimmed hats

Nice job. They are definitely fun to catch.
    I had one on about 36" or so a couple years ago at the cape.
    I got it to the boat and a huge seal smashed into the boat and took it, scared the crap out of me .
    I held the spool until the line snapped. My buddy got one 51" that day.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

4. Member
    That was a great video and it looks like you guys smashed them. I talked to my buddy down In CT after watching the video, a fish biologist in the area. He said they may actually do a study next year on those fish to see how big the population really is. Some of their best guess population estimates would blow your mind. And they cant seem to figure out what is actually holding them there.

5. Moderator
    Stripers are fun to catch. Caught a few smaller ones on the Conn. river in Hartford.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Still not sure why Andrew doesn’t have his own channel with you playing second fiddle considering he catches all the fish and doesn’t wear straight brimmed hats

Why else do you think I keep inviting him, I need someone on the channel that can actually catch big fish on a regular basis. Also stop hating on my hat, it makes me one of the cool kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Nice job. They are definitely fun to catch.
    I had one on about 36" or so a couple years ago at the cape.
    I got it to the boat and a huge seal smashed into the boat and took it, scared the crap out of me .
    I held the spool until the line snapped. My buddy got one 51" that day.
    lol that must have been funny though in the end. And can't even imaging what a 51" striper fights like. I can't wait til this summer now, I'm absolutely going to set aside a couple of days to specifically go chase stripers when they move back up our way.

Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    That was a great video and it looks like you guys smashed them. I talked to my buddy down In CT after watching the video, a fish biologist in the area. He said they may actually do a study next year on those fish to see how big the population really is. Some of their best guess population estimates would blow your mind. And they cant seem to figure out what is actually holding them there.
    Thanks man. Yea if you know what you're looking at on the 360, that one shot I had in there of it is just mind blowing to see how many fish are stacked in just one spot. And it went on like that for well over 1/2 of a mile, no joke. That whole school would shift up and down over a 1.5 mile stretch or so, split up from time to time so you'd get these crazy mini-schools of a couple of hundred, and then they'd all regroup. Every once in awhile we'd get a handful of BIG marks on the 360 or on regular sonar just under the boat. Giant giants. It was crazy. Has to be 10,000 of them in there, I've never seen anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Stripers are fun to catch. Caught a few smaller ones on the Conn. river in Hartford.
    Apparently they'll run up in there pretty good in the spring too.