Thread: Maine coon cat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maine coon cat

Does any one have a Maine coon cat ? We have one that is 16 lbs and he runs our house and keeps my dog on his toes.

2. Member
    Don’t have one but had a buddy with one and it was a bad Ass feline.
    Red Sox in 6!

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    used to, had a couple dogs at the time and they knew who was boss. if he wanted to play, the dogs played. if he didn't, game over. The cat would stand outside the dog kennel, stick a paw thru and smack the dogs then just sit there staring at them. In the evenings the dogs would be curled up on the couch, the cat would jump up and use them as a bed, they dared not make a sound or move.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

4. Member
    I’ve been wanting one for a while now but hard to spend $800 on a cat. My old cat Cletus, who I found in the woods as a stray, was over 15 pounds. He also ruled over the two dogs and was a very loving cat to family but hated strangers. He was more of a protector than the dogs haha.

Never heard of that breed before so I looked it up. WOW.
    Pics
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

6. Member
    My dad had a stray outside one that lived to be over 20. He had a 2 acre plot with an old barn and that cat ruled the property. Before she died she brought home her replacement. She allowed another cat into the barn. The day she died the yard was full of cats. Pops said they all came to wake her. True story.

7. Member
    About 15-16 years ago I was doing HVAC. I was the only person at the house sitting at the kitchen table writing up the bill and I notice a tail sticking above the table moving back and forth. I looked down and saw this GIANT cat! Scared the chit out of me. That was the first experience with one. 😂

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin365 View Post
    I’ve been wanting one for a while now but hard to spend $800 on a cat. My old cat Cletus, who I found in the woods as a stray, was over 15 pounds. He also ruled over the two dogs and was a very loving cat to family but hated strangers. He was more of a protector than the dogs haha.
    $800 sounds pretty cheap from what I've seen. We had two when I was a kid (back when all kittens were free). Both were mellow but the older one was a heck of a mouser. The younger was more of an indoor princess. Neither seemed to care about ruling the roost.

9. Member
    We have one!!! He's a 18lb gentle giant. He is very sociable and loves to be a lap cat.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

10. Member
    My brother and SIL have cats and one of them is part Maine Coon. Cat can be vicious if he wants to be but loves to sit outside by the pool (they have a screened in pool), doesn't mind being wet and loves my neices like no other. Only cat I have ever seen that will lay down with a wiggling 7 year old on the couch watching a movie with its feet in the air. Cat loves to play but will tell you where the line is.

11. Member
    All cats have their own personality. pay attention to them
    and they will soon have YOU trained to their needs.
    I have owned 3 yellow registered Persians, well they
    have owned me would be more correct. The one I have
    now has the best personality of all. The good things about a cat,
    they don't bark, and you don't have to take them for a walk to
    use the bath room. A pure bred Maine Coon can get realllllly big.
    LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

12. Member
    We have one that is at least Maine coon mix. 14 lbs and looks just like a Maine Coon but he is a rescue so who knows. He is the least graceful cat I’ve ever seen and lands with a thud anytime he jumps down off of something. We got him as a kitten and he looked like any other kitten until he didn’t.

He was best friends with our German Shepherd until she passed. Goofy cat that won’t kill anything, just plays with any bugs he finds. A mouse got in the house and he didn’t catch it. He cornered it and walked away when he got bored and I had to catch it with a sticky trap. Another time a moth actually landed on his nose while he was trying to catch it.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

We have 2 of them...and they are BEASTS! One Male / One Female

The Male when elongated can easily be at least 3.5' tip to tip. The female around 2.75 - 3'. They weigh around 15lbs each and are slim in comparison to some I've seen.

The male is aggressive and hates everyone but the Mrs. The female is a lover and wants only attention and food. AHAHAHAH
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

14. Member
    No but I have a 23 pound orange tabby. He was the boss.

15. Member
    I have an 18 lb male maine coon. If your cat is ruling your dogs, You need to get some new dogs. My 50 lb Mountain Cur allows the cat to live because he knows I would not approve of him literally shaking the crap out of the cat.

16. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Neighbour down our country road had one... huge! It would walk with the family and dogs by our house. It became a fisher tragedy.

We had a beautiful Siberian forest cat (tawny colour/hypoallergenic) until it became another fisher tragedy.

My neighbour and I took my two Westies hunting in the back swamp until the fisher was treed and became a shotgun tragedy.

We still have a rather large 15 year old Norwegian forest cat that won't leave the house.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by wna1911 View Post
    No but I have a 23 pound orange tabby. He was the boss.
    Is this your cat?

18. Member
    We have one that is quite large. Probably about 26 lbs, not hugely overweight, just large. His name is Fezziwig as he was born on Christmas Eve. He is just over 2 years old. He is slowly getting more gentle. When he was under 1 he was quite rambunctious, but was good not to use his claws. I would walk down the hall and the cat would run up and pounce my leg by wrapping his huge fuzzy paws around my leg, no not for that..... Just to try to get me to play. then one time I was doing sit ups he pounced my face......no claws or anything just a big fuzz ball. Here are some pictures. He is a pretty cool cat. Fezziwig - Codebook for Reference Only.jpgFezziwig - WIndow.jpg

19. Member
    We have an orange Tabby and a Beagle. Literally the Odie and Garfield show in this house. The cat rules the roost.20201226_181150.jpgi20200211_220926.jpg
    2004 Ranger 520 vs
    2004 Mercury 225 Optimax

They are beautiful, we have a Siberian Forrest Cat female and a 11 year old rescue rescue mix shitzu-poodle female...guess who is boss?
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast