Mercury 115 Optimax questions

So I have a 2006 115 Optimax. I would like to see the engine data (as much as possible) on my graphs ( 2 Helix 7's g3n mega SI and mega DI) and my android phone (if that's an option). I would also like to make sure I have option/s to install more graphs and be able to view on them as well. Currently I have no such data setup at all and I do not know what modules/cabling I will need to get and if there are maybe a board sponsor who sells these parts/kits. I am in Canada but don't mind the shipping ordeal lol
    The boat does have a switch on it that says Nmea. I believe it is only powering an older in dash Lowrance graph that I will be removing this spring. So I will be starting from scratch
    Thanks for any help in advance
    Last edited by Canuck51; 02-02-2021 at 06:48 AM.

2. Member
    youll need to talk to DON /EUROPEAN MARINE theyll be the ones to get you squared away on any parts you may need he strolls and patrolls this way pretty much daily may need the ser number on mtr also for some added info good luck sir, and thank you for your appreciation JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Serial #1B263526

That sounds like just what I need
    Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Canuck51; 02-02-2021 at 04:26 AM.

A couple of notes and options. Your Helix units do not have a NMEA connection directly. You have to use a AS ETH NMEA2K converter box ($200.00) plus an AS EC QDE ethernet dongle ($30.00) or an HB ethernet cable ($50.00) as a minimum then you will need a Vessel View Link. If you do not have a NMEA2k network, you will need all that as well. If you do not have an ethernet 5-port hub (AS ETH 5PXG $270.00) already installed, you will need one of these too PLUS two more HB ethernet cables ($100.00). Vessel View Link is optimized for Lowrance and Raymarine but does function on HB products.

The Vessel View Mobile will work on your Android but will not provide anything on your graphs. It is by far the cheapest but is the most limited option.

I have HB but decided to install a Level 1 Mercmonitor which is a stand-alone gauge replacing either a Tach or Speedo. It shows all the data your ECU sees. You can set up custom screens, displaying 3 data points. With this option, you do need any of the other gear listed in option 1. You can add it later if you decide you want data on your graphs and Mercmonitor. This is by far the most bang-for-the-buck option.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 02-02-2021 at 08:20 AM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    I replaced the speedo with a Merc Monitor Eco on my Phoenix 819/200 optic. I found the gauge difficult to read with polarized sunglasses. Displaying the data on my HDS units with the ability to change text size solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I replaced the speedo with a Merc Monitor Eco on my Phoenix 819/200 optic. I found the gauge difficult to read with polarized sunglasses. Displaying the data on my HDS units with the ability to change text size solved the problem.
    The Mercmonitor ECO is a Level 0 and is no longer in production. These had a cheap plastic lens and your complaint was common. The Level 1s and higher do not fade with polarized glasses, at least IME. The OP has Helix units which are not fully supported like your HDS units. On a Helix, one may or may not be able to change text sizes. I honestly do not know.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    That Basic/Eco did not have a polarized screen. The Level-1 (and higher) DO have the Polarized screen.

Canuck51: Drop our Parts Department an email. Rhonda can assist you with list of the various options and special BBC member pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That Basic/Eco did not have a polarized screen. The Level-1 (and higher) DO have the Polarized screen.

Canuck51: Drop our Parts Department an email. Rhonda can assist you with list of the various options and special BBC member pricing.
    Thats awesome, Thanks a bunch, mail sent
    Last edited by Canuck51; 02-03-2021 at 05:29 AM.