185VS recessed pedal

Could any of you who have done a recessed trolling pedal on a 185VS post any problems you may have had. Also which mfg. seems to be best for the 185VS. Thank You

2. Member
    is there not one already there under the carpet? Most newer Rangers have one glassed in you just need to cut it out then add a trim ring
    Joefish
    2007 Ranger 178DVS
    Evinrude ETEC 150

<*)}}}><

3. Member
    I have a 2005 185 VS and wondering the same thing. That would be nice if it is already there

4. Member
    The 2002 I used to have did not have the tray under the carpet. Installing the after market tray involved cutting out foam and cutting into the front storage compartment. Can’t remember the brand that was put in.
    2007 Ranger Z19 - 225 Pro XS

5. Member
    I installed one by R&R design simple it it works for me. I recommend you make your template with 1/4” luan so you can secure it to your deck before drilling and cutting. I routed the drain line to the compartment drain instead of routing it towards the bow. A dremel multi-tool makes short work of the foam and only remove enough to fit the tray as this also will guide your bottom cut in your compartment. Seal the foam I used fiberglass resin. The toughest part for me was sealing the tray in the compartment I had to do it by feel. Cover your deck with a tarp it makes clean up easier there is a half pipe from where your bow panel is to the front compartment it’s for wiring for compartment lighting if you have it. Re route if you do. Good luck measure, measure and re-measure before drilling and cutting. Best upgrade I did for me.
    DeaconBill514
    02 185VS

6. dartag1829
    I have one on my 2002 185VS. It was installed by the first owner. I think it is a Comfort Troll tray. Only problem I have is when I bought my Ultrex this model is narrow. I had to shim the foot pedal up a couple inches. This is a photo with the old Minn Kota Maxx pedal.