Rods on deck question.

For you Caymas owners how do you open your rod locker lids with rods on top of them? Looks like they would get dumped in the water when you do since the lids open vertical and no space between open lid and gunnel on deck.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    When I'm fishing I have about 8 rods out. If I feel I need to have a couple more I use the center rod locker. I don't see it being any different that the other boats I've owned. Maybe I've just not paid much attention to it. I'm also not one to carry 30 rods in my boat either.

3. Member
    My Triton’s rod locker is also on the side. I use a retractable rod strap, and that allows me to easily grab or put away another rod as needed throughout the day. What I’d like to know is where guys sit when they are taking rods out of their center rod storage compartment.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman5150 View Post
    What I’d like to know is where guys sit when they are taking rods out of their center rod storage compartment.
    Why are you sitting on the job?

Just kneel on the cooler..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Why are you sitting on the job?

Just kneel on the cooler..

I set when tying on new baits or retying

6. Member
    I’m sure I’d get used to kneeling on the cooler but have to say I like sitting on the front deck center storage lid when I’m getting rods out or rigging like RR said. We all adapt to our boat layout I guess. I’ve had my Triton now for about 11 years now - hard to teach an old dog new tricks but I’ll bet I’d adapt to a brand new Ranger Z518 just fine, lol!
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559