Thread: Seminole report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Water temperatures dropped a lot between Tuesday and yesterday. Started off at about 58 degrees and never got over 63. I couldn't get bit at all in shallow water where I normally find them this time of the year. I found a spot out of the worst of the wind where the water dropped from the edge of the old lily pads into 10+ feet. The bass had moved out into the deeper water. I found enough to finish third behind KRC18D.

I caught all of my fish on a Texas rig and they were very timid about biting. I felt very few of them hit. The line just got heavy.

I was grateful to the gentleman from the Milton, Florida bass club who helped me launch. That ramp at Seminole Lodge is not lighted and I was having a tough time until he came over and directed me.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRC18D View Post
    Well we had a pretty rough tournament out there today. It was blowing every bit of 20 miles an hour. There were 2-3ft waves down near the dam and I got drenched on the way to my first spot. At least it paid off. I managed to find a few and take home the win. the water is clearing up nicely. So fishing should be improving.
    Great job man! I went today for a few hours. I started off in Spring Creek and couldn't get a bite so I moved to the Flint and started hitting the backwater sloughs. Did much better and managed to punch up a river monster. 8lb 4oz
    20210321_175359.jpg

Only boated 1 on Saturday, however I caught a 2lb crappy that choked a 1/2 ounce spinner and two pickerel, partner caught an 8lb catfish on a spinner. 15 TO 20 mph winds sucked and I bumped so many stumps that it made me really glad I have an aluminum Xpress. Big Jims has good food which was a plus.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Member
    Went today. Water was beautiful and 76 degrees. Caught some nice ones flipping a craw into grass in 3-4 ft.
    20210330_184330.jpg

5. Member
    Nicely done. I need to get back out on the pond. Focus on the hooch, flint, or the creak this time of year?

6. Member
    They're spawning in spring creek now and pre-spawn in Flint and Hooch. I tend to always do better in spring creek this time of year out where it meets the Flint

7. Member
    How bad you think this cold front messed them up?

8. Member
    Don't know, going to find out tomorrow

9. Member
    Same, I’ll be in a yellow and white Triton. Feel free to say hi if you see me.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Same, I’ll be in a yellow and white Triton. Feel free to say hi if you see me.
    Cool. Im in a 20ft black boat with white motor, can't miss it. I'll probably start on some sand bars on the flint near Spring creek, feel free to stop by

11. Member
    Been a while since anyone's posted in the thread.. Went to the lake (up the Chattahoochee) yesterday for 4-5 hours and the bite was really really slow. Water is really muddy from all the rain on Saturday (4/24) and the fish are in a weird mood.

12. Member
    Yeah I figured the rain would raise the rivers a little bit. I went a week ago and caught several in spring creek but really nothing worth posting about. I'm going to try and go thursday if work allows it. Plan on fishing spring creek again. I'll post whatever I find.

13. Member
    Went today. Was going to wait till Thursday but it was just too dang pretty off a day. Water temp was high 70's. Spring creek was stained from the rain but clear in spots. The hydrilla still hasn't really kicked into gear yet which is cool because you can fish places right now that in a couple months you'll need an airboat to reach. The bass are full on post spawn and eating bream. I started off throwing shad patterns and didn't get a bite. Switched to bream colors and started catching them immediately. Big fish of the day was 5-1 (pictured) and she spit up a small shellcracker while I was fighting her.

There are lots of Tilapia spawning in 2-3 ft of water in spring creek at the moment. They were on bed everywhere and there always seemed to be a bass nearby when you found a bunch of tilapia beds together.

Screenshot_20210427-180133_Gallery.jpg

14. Member
    FLW Toyota Series finished up today. Nothing unexpected in the way it was won. Nick Thliveros won it with local sticks Matt Baty and Clint Brown finishing behind him. Went out and watched a little bit today. All of them were fishing community holes in spring creek. Wasnt really one bait stealing the show, shad and bream imitating baits mostly. Good tournament and congrats to Nick, he was definitely the most consistent angler the three days

15. Member
    Damn if those are community holes, I need to be apart of the community! Got me a derby out there Saturday, hope I can find a few.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basskicker907 View Post
    Damn if those are community holes, I need to be apart of the community! Got me a derby out there Saturday, hope I can find a few.
    Im be out there tomorrow, I'll post here what I find

17. Member
    Just wrapping up a morning trip. I started off in the main lake near the dam but the north east wind made it pretty tough so I just came up spring creek. Fished isolated grass beds around the Big Jim's canal and caught 5. I was flipping a creature bait in green pumpkin with tail dipped in chartreuse due to the water still being a little stained.
    Overall a decent morning.
    Screenshot_20210514-124752_Gallery.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12