Thread: Ranger RT188P

Ranger RT188P

Any 188P owners on this forum? Pros and cons?

2. Member
    I have one with a yamaha sho, Ultrex and 2 hummingbirds. It is a perfect boat for what I wanted. I'm able to put it anywhere I want. On and off the trailer is easy. Its a big enough boat to fish toledo and Rayburn but can still put it in the little bayous and lakes around the house. Runs about 46 fully loaded but I did hit 50 by myself one time. I'd imagine it will do better once its completely broken in but I really don't need anymore performance than that.

Pros: Ample storage, good ride, can finally have power poles mounted on jackplate without warranty issues, great on smaller water but also does fine in bigger water. No major issues with it so far other than a terrible purchase dealer experience. A non purchasing Ranger dealer has went above and beyond to rectify all the problems I had from the purchasing dealer.

Cons: Price seemed high to me same as any other new boat these days (getting into 19’ fiberglass prices the way mine is rigged) blows around in the wind easy like any other tin rig,
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

4. Member
    I love mine. This is my second bass boat. My first was a used Nitro 1994.
    Pros: very stable. Very easy to load and unload off the trailer (big surprise for us...My wife can load the boat on the trailer...its that easy).
    Lots of storage. Ultrex trolling motor is a great fit for this boat. Just a fun, fun boat
    Cons: Seats are a little hard. I honestly can't think of anything else.

Wife and I are bigger people (fatter than most LOL) and bring everything with us. Boat still runs 45.
    I have always wondered if the boat would do better with a 21 pitch prop instead of the 23 that came with it.

We had a great dealer which yielded a very pleasant buying experience.
    First boat I have ever bought new. Wife had to actually talk me into it. Turns out she was correct; I don't regret it one bit!

5. Member
    I love mine 2020, but I have a question to other owners,,, do y’all have a problem with porpoising at mid rpm’s,,,all is good at wot,,, on pad running 52mph but other than wot boat starts to porpoise have to trim all the way down to stop it. Running 23 tempest was wondering if a 4 blade would help

Love mine. Lowerance ghost makes fishing in wind easy. Running 24p tempest cruises 4000 @38mph.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!