Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nichols Marine (Vexus dealer) problems

I just purchased a 2020 Vexus AVX1980 and needed to transfer the hull warranty into my name. Vexus referred me to the nearest dealer, Nichols Marine in Longview, Texas. I contacted Nichols Marine and they refused to transfer the hull warranty because the boat does not have a motor that they sell/service. This is terrible customer service, but does not reflect on Vexus. I'm working with Vexus to get the warranty transferred into my name. I will never do business with Nichols Marine.

Contact Vexus again and explain your situtation. Vexus will get this handled.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Last edited by fishinarc; 03-29-2021 at 06:38 AM.

4. Scraps
    I read this as the dealer was told to transfer the Vexus hull warranty. Not that dealer would provide warranty coverage. Typical, Vexus wants things taken care of locally if at all possible.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Contact Vexus again and explain your situtation. Vexus will get this handled.
    Vexus is working on it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    Perhaps this is clearer to others, but, did you purchase your Vexus from Nichols Marine and now they refuse to provide warranty? Or, and the way your post reads, you bought your boat from a third party and now want a dealer to assume the warranty for said boat. I would perhaps choose your wording of "poor customer service" to be more clear, as technically, you have never been a customer of Nichols Marine. Never the less, I am sure that the folks at Vexus will take care of the issue as stated above.
    Interesting first post though....
    What's so interesting about it being my first post ? I just bought the boat and found this forum. I was only needing the dealer to transfer the remaining warranty on the hull into my name as per Vexus warranty. The dealer would not be assuming or providing the warranty, Vexus provides the warranty and an authorized dealer only provides warranty work. No, I did not purchase the boat from Nichols Marine, I purchased it from the original owner. Nichols Marine told me that they would not transfer the warranty for me because the boat has a motor that they do not sell/service. As far as bad customer service, as an authorized Vexus dealer, they showed poor customer service by not helping transfer the warranty. I am a customer of Vexus and they as an authorized dealer should consider a Vexus owner a potential customer. Just because I did not purchase the boat from them, they should not treat me badly because I requested help with a product that they sell/service.

7. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve860 View Post
    What's so interesting about it being my first post ? I just bought the boat and found this forum. I was only needing the dealer to transfer the remaining warranty on the hull into my name as per Vexus warranty. The dealer would not be assuming or providing the warranty, Vexus provides the warranty and an authorized dealer only provides warranty work. No, I did not purchase the boat from Nichols Marine, I purchased it from the original owner. Nichols Marine told me that they would not transfer the warranty for me because the boat has a motor that they do not sell/service. As far as bad customer service, as an authorized Vexus dealer, they showed poor customer service by not helping transfer the warranty. I am a customer of Vexus and they as an authorized dealer should consider a Vexus owner a potential customer. Just because I did not purchase the boat from them, they should not treat me badly because I requested help with a product that they sell/service.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

8. Member
    That dealer doesn't care about you or doing any warranty work on your Vexus boat. They probably don't have a tech that is qualified to fix your outboard and have no way to file a claim. They also don't care that you are a second owner of a Vexus boat. I had the same problem when I bought a Ford that was three months old. Treated like total dog crap by the local Ford dealer. Told me flat out that their REAL customers come first. Good luck. Hope it works out.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    That dealer doesn't care about you or doing any warranty work on your Vexus boat. They probably don't have a tech that is qualified to fix your outboard and have no way to file a claim. They also don't care that you are a second owner of a Vexus boat. I had the same problem when I bought a Ford that was three months old. Treated like total dog crap by the local Ford dealer. Told me flat out that their REAL customers come first. Good luck. Hope it works out.
    I've been a Ford customer all my life. I buy my cars and trucks from whatever dealer gives me the best price and then have it serviced at the closest dealer to me if they are a good service center. If they are not, I go to another. I have had several warranty issues that I have needed attention over the years. I have never had a dealer treat me bad just because I did not buy the vehicle from them.

As for Nichol's Marine for them not to do the warranty transfer because they do not service your motor is BS. Who said they would be doing your warranty work? How much is really involved in doing this transfer? Sounds like this is something Vexus should do themselves instead of leaning on the dealers to do anyway. I would hope part of the "Vexus working on it" might be to have a talk with the dealer to explain that this is what they signed up for when they decided to start seling Vexus boats unless this was not part of the agreement they signed. I would just find another dealer which would be much easier to do if they would just publish a dealer list. Why is this so hard?

I'm sure Vexus will make this right.

10. Member
    At least you have Vexus helping you to get it transferred.

Vexus uses a long venting process to screen dealers before they are able to sell or service a Vexus boat. The process can take over a year. Dealers who sell and service VEXUS boats represent the company. If anyone has a problem with a Vexus dealer contact your area Vexus Rep.
    I have found Vexus customer service to be outstanding.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I've been a Ford customer all my life. I buy my cars and trucks from whatever dealer gives me the best price and then have it serviced at the closest dealer to me if they are a good service center. If they are not, I go to another. I have had several warranty issues that I have needed attention over the years. I have never had a dealer treat me bad just because I did not buy the vehicle from them.

As for Nichol's Marine for them not to do the warranty transfer because they do not service your motor is BS. Who said they would be doing your warranty work? How much is really involved in doing this transfer? Sounds like this is something Vexus should do themselves instead of leaning on the dealers to do anyway. I would hope part of the "Vexus working on it" might be to have a talk with the dealer to explain that this is what they signed up for when they decided to start seling Vexus boats unless this was not part of the agreement they signed. I would just find another dealer which would be much easier to do if they would just publish a dealer list. Why is this so hard?

I'm sure Vexus will make this right.
    My experience with the dealer and Ford was terrible. Had 24 warranty claims in three years. Since I was the second owner the lemon laws are different and you have to pay for a lawyer instead of being represented by the State AG office. Early on the dealer refused to give me a loaner car with the excuse that they are for "customers who bought cars from them". So I purchased an extended warranty from Ford and had 20 more repairs done and the dealer had to provide a loaner or rent me one. This was like having joint custody of the car. Two weeks before the 3 year warranty was up I inspected the car. Rear main seal leaking (3rd time), both rear struts leaking, rear defroster had 4 strands dead (second rear glass), water leak in the trunk, both rear seat belts wouldn't engage (second set). Got it all fixed and sold the car. Two months later the dealer called me and said that my new transmission was installed and ready to pick up. I told them that I don't own that POS anymore and they have the wrong number in the computer. To be clear, this is not a Ford bashing, this is how it went down. No need to start a big white knight Ford loving event here. If you have a good one I am happy for you because I know what it is like on the other side.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Vexus uses a long venting process to screen dealers before they are able to sell or service a Vexus boat. The process can take over a year. Dealers who sell and service VEXUS boats represent the company. If anyone has a problem with a Vexus dealer contact your area Vexus Rep.
    I have found Vexus customer service to be outstanding.
    I have had problems with my Vexus dealer and called Vexus direct. Talked to Ryan. It got taken care of then.
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer

14. Scraps
    I'd just find another dealer if that is easy and not give them the satisfaction. If continued Nichols will lose their dealership. Could be that whoever you were talking to at Nichols was clueless???
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Member
    an there is that other thing that we are only getting one side of the story but thanks to the free press of the net folks have a place to come on an vent about a dealer .

Steve, try Ron Hoover in Willis. They are a Vexus dealer. Transferring a warranty should not be a big deal. Usually it's filling out a card or doing it on the dealers network on line.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstx View Post
    Steve, try Ron Hoover in Willis. They are a Vexus dealer. Transferring a warranty should not be a big deal. Usually it's filling out a card or doing it on the dealers network on line.
    Yes sir, I've done it before with previous boats. Easy process to transfer warranty. I've got a dealer that is going to take care of the transfer. Thanks

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    an there is that other thing that we are only getting one side of the story but thanks to the free press of the net folks have a place to come on an vent about a dealer .
    There really is no other side to the story. I called and asked them to transfer the warranty, The guy I spoke with said that he would check on it and call me back. After 2 hours, I called him back and he told me that since my boat had a motor that they did not sell/service, per his manager and owner they would not transfer the warranty. Call and ask Darrell at Nichols Marine. He is the guy I spoke with.

19. Member
    This would be a great opportunity for some awesome Vexus Dealer to step up and offer to take care of this very simple problem. Get some great free goodwill advertising and make several new customers. This is a no brainer!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Gallagher View Post
    This would be a great opportunity for some awesome Vexus Dealer to step up and offer to take care of this very simple problem. Get some great free goodwill advertising and make several new customers. This is a no brainer!
    Real Deal marine in Pineville, La has already reached out to me. Everything I hear about them is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast