Cougar Advantage Elite and the New Trolling Motors?

Has anyone installed a 47" Lowrance Ghost or a 45" Motorguide 109 Tour Pro on a Cougar Advantage Elite? I have the 109 Tour Pro sitting in the box waiting to install but the overall length of it from the tip of the motor keel to the top of the head is significantly longer than the Tour 109 and it will interfere with the opening of the port rod locker. I don't want to have to deploy the TM every time I want to get into the rod locker especially when it's on the trailer or in the garage.

Anybody installed either on the AE?
    Last edited by Macsimus; 01-29-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Mis-stated current TM.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

2. Member
    What trolling motor do you currently have installed?

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman1122 View Post
    What trolling motor do you currently have installed?
    Tour 109

4. Member
    So from the edge of the boat the Tour 109 is about 52-53" long when stowed as deep as the motor can be. The Tour Pro will be 55" if you use the same holes. So if you have 2-3" of clearance between the head of the motor and your rod box lid currently you will be okay with the Tour Pro

I just went out and double-checked my measurement on the Tour Pro 109 and from the tip of the keel to the top of the head is 59". Measuring from the tip of the keel of my current Tour 109 in its forward-most stowed position (it's still on the boat), at 59", I'm 1/2" into the port rod locker on the inside edge of the troller. I suppose I could lift the Tour Pro slightly to gain enough clearance while opening the locker with the forward-most latch handle. I'd really like to know the overall length of the Ghost.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    I just went out and double-checked my measurement on the Tour Pro 109 and from the tip of the keel to the top of the head is 59". Measuring from the tip of the keel of my current Tour 109 in its forward-most stowed position (it's still on the boat), at 59", I'm 1/2" into the port rod locker on the inside edge of the troller. I suppose I could lift the Tour Pro slightly to gain enough clearance while opening the locker with the forward-most latch handle. I'd really like to know the overall length of the Ghost.
    Is your current tour a 50" motor?

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman1122 View Post
    Is your current tour a 50" motor?
    No, 45".

8. Member
    I sent you a p.m. on some questions

Update: I have the Tour Pro 109 installed and I'm relieved to report that my original measurement was wrong. The total length from the tip of the skeg to the top of the head was correct, but how I had it temporarily sitting on the bow was too far aft. I reused the original mount holes from my old Tour 109 for the new Tour Pro 109 and the new mount seems to stick out a little bit further from the bow. Nothing excessive but apparently enough that I don't have a problem getting into the starboard locker with the TM stowed provided that it's adjusted properly depth-wise.