Thread: 44 Magnum Ammo

44 Magnum Ammo

I just picked up a sweet Ruger Carbine 44 to hunt with when I go north. Now I’m trying to find some ammo to shoot it & start dialing it in. I’m not necessarily looking for bulk but would like a few boxes of hunting rounds. Does any one have a lead on where I can find some?

All I can say is good luck finding any. You might keep an eye on ammoseek.com for in stock ammo.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Ammo comes in to all my stores daily, it is all sold out daily and being scalped online for 3 times the original price. If people would stop over paying it would sit on the shelves long enough for the end user to buy. Just hold out and don't support people getting ripped off
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Thanks. I looked on Gunbroker & it looks like people might be reselling it. One person had Hornady leverolution offered in three different auctions of different quantities. The prices were crazy but they all had bids on them.

5. Member
    I just went into my front room cabinet were I keep my ammo and I have 12 boxes of Hornady 44 mag ammo. Has this ammo gone sky high.

6. Member
    From what I’ve seen, the better ammo grades are selling for $3.00+ per round whereas they normally are around $1.25 unless you can find them in a store somewhere. Here’s my dilemma, do I pay twice the price to ensure I have Some or take a chance & wait for it to come back down but hope the new president doesn’t go after ammo? I’m afraid they will eventually go after ammo.

7. Banned
    Good luck on finding ammo....I'm having a hard time finding 6.5 Creedmoor,.308,45/70 and 9mm.Have notify when available at several online stores plus call weekly at local stores.

Cobgrats on the rifle, id love to have one. Sure love my 629, would be great to have a rifle chambered in thr same.i haven't seen 44 mag on the shelf since spring. Sorry.

9. Banned
    Hardly any guns or ammo around here at all. Like above, stores are telling people when it is suppose to come in and lines form before dawn to scoop it all up. Just glad i have a several hundred rounds on hand all the time.

10. Member
    I load my own 44's, so hadn't been paying attention to them being scarce. I thought that was mostly the more popular calibers, but apparently not. Good luck sourcing it. Shot my first deer with a Ruger 44 carbine. Good little brush gun.
    John

11. Member
    I like the looks of Hornady Leverolution if I can find some at a reasonable price.

12. Banned
    I have a couple 50 round boxes of 44 jhp and the price tags read 29.95. Guess they've been in there awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Fox View Post
    I just picked up a sweet Ruger Carbine 44 to hunt with when I go north. Now I’m trying to find some ammo to shoot it & start dialing it in. I’m not necessarily looking for bulk but would like a few boxes of hunting rounds. Does any one have a lead on where I can find some?

Keep checking Cabelas or BPS. The Cabelas I go to here in Mass had some last week. $41.99 a box of 50.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

A local tackle dealer a few minutes from me is buying out all the local wal marts, cabellas, rural kings and sportsmans and advertising it on their facebook page for 2-3 times its retail. They have an inside on deliveries and if you want it you go to them or you dont get it.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

15. Member
    That was a good deal at cabelas compared to what I’m seeing. I found a 50 round box of Remington at a local gun store but they wanted $102.99 for the box. Not as high as some but still jacked up.

16. Banned
    Talking about Ammo,stopped by Academy today man am i happy bought 4 boxes of Hornady 325 gr FTX for the .45/70.Still searching for .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor.

17. Banned
    Bought my Ruger semi auto carbine back when it was $119 brand new and have keep plenty of ammo for it since then. Bought the 629 back at a gun show years and years ago for $195 brand new in the box so 44 mag ammo is a must.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    A local tackle dealer a few minutes from me is buying out all the local wal marts, cabellas, rural kings and sportsmans and advertising it on their facebook page for 2-3 times its retail. They have an inside on deliveries and if you want it you go to them or you dont get it.
    Most large retailers like Academy, Bass Pro and Cabela's limit the amount you can buy, so I don't see how he could clean them out. Our local bass pro limits you to 5 boxes, and they've been getting regular shipments lately.
    John

19. Member
    I’ve been watching ammo seek. Bass Pro has Hornady Leverolution 225 gr FTX for $1.30 a round. I bought my limit of 5 boxes.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Fox View Post
    I’ve been watching ammo seek. Bass Pro has Hornady Leverolution 225 gr FTX for $1.30 a round. I bought my limit of 5 boxes.
    Thanks will check it out