Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    you guys better watch you don't get after the tree huggers and dems al will shut you down

2. Member
    Warren Buffet owns the railroad that is now transporting all that oil. Warren Buffet donated 58 million to the Biden campaign .Sorry I know we are not to discuss politics on hear . I am just stating facts .

3. Member
    I worked a union job for over 40 years. Most all the guys but a few vote not blue. I would have laughed at a union officer that tried to tell me how to vote. Not happening.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I honestly dont know but as soon as this thing splits open and leaks a few hundred thousand gallons of oil sands into the great bass lakes in Texas the same people screaming about the pipeline not beeing built will be screaming about why the EPA didnt so anything.
    You're right about one thing - you don't know. If you had a clue, you would know what the KXL pipeline would be carrying and that it would have ended in Nebraska and existing pipelines would take it from there.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Just curios how many truck driving jobs did or will this pipeline kill? Seems like there is an opportunity cost with every decision. I hate to see people lose there jobs but the pipeline was approved out of spite knowing that it was just a pipe dream. It should have never been approved IMO to much risk to the environment.
    https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-11-...%20in%20Texas.
    Where I live there are pipelines everywhere under our feet. Most you would never know they were there, if there were not markers telling you, as nature has taken the area back over. I have seen a few train derailments that have had spills and too many truck accidents to count, that have created a mess. I will take the pipeline everyday over rail and truck.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Where I live there are pipelines everywhere under our feet. Most you would never know they were there, if there were not markers telling you, as nature has taken the area back over. I have seen a few train derailments that have had spills and too many truck accidents to count, that have created a mess. I will take the pipeline everyday over rail and truck.

https://www.fractracker.org/2020/02/pipelines-continue-to-catch-fire-and-explode/
    Last edited by Gsmith223; 01-28-2021 at 07:52 AM.

7. Member
    Actually I know that its carrying Alberta tar sands from Alberta to the Gulf in Texas. Tar sands are heavier and more toxic than regular crude thus almost impossible to clean up after a spill.
    The pipeline will benefit Alberta and Canada the most. After construction there will only be a few hundred jobs come from it in the US. What I dont know is wjy we need to import oil from Canada when we are suppose to be energy independent due to fracking. Second I dont know how or if we are currently refining Alberta tar sands in this country and how it gets from point A to point B.

I was pointing out that which ever logistical method currently being used to transport the oil will falter and cost jobs once the pipeline was functional. I did this without breaking the forum rules or being a douchebag which seems to be hard for some on here.

8. Member
    man you are paranoid there are gas and oil pipe lines all over this country ,i never herd of one splitting open. i have a gas line than runs with in a half mile of my house,the guys that service it say they shut it down for inspection often, they run a robot camera from one end to the other checking for and problems with it. just wait until one of those trains derails about 50 large containers of oil in your city you can go down and help sop it up

9. Member
    douche bag--- a small syringe with detachable nozzles used for vaginal lavage enemas, you may be better off not being one of those things

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    I worked a union job for over 40 years. Most all the guys but a few vote not blue. I would have laughed at a union officer that tried to tell me how to vote. Not happening.

Same here. I have Teamsters, Union Iron workers, Union Plummer, Union Heavy equipment operator, Union Electrician in the family, they all Vote Red.

Guido & the Boyz still send me my check every month. What I paid in for union dues the 36 years I was in the union, I got that back in the first year or two of retirement checks. PLUS, my health insurance for my family was covered with those dues for 36 years. I been retired for 11 years collected around $340k so far—- plus SS. Pensions are not guaranteed, even with a pension I still had a 401k and my wife has a 401k

I am a ex union worker of 42 years. I is interesting how people perceive unions. Most of us in the union voted red, including the shop steward we didn't listen to the " big bosses". I thank God that a high school educated man could make a good income and provide for his family. Yes they protected lazy workers and hated it, I know 4 personal acquaintances who quit their steward positions, unions are far from perfect but for the vast majority of members they were hard workers and benefits were more pluses the negatives.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    douche bag--- a small syringe with detachable nozzles used for vaginal lavage enemas, you may be better off not being one of those things
    Damn! That went downhill in a hurry.

13. Banned
    The lines that have exploded are utility company lines not production lines. Pipeline is miles above rail and road for safety.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/arti...rt-oil-and-gas

Where's all the union solidarity?? Come on man...Why aren't all the union guys and gals walking off the job in order to support fellow put out of work brothers by a self proclaimed union man..Think about that for a minute....?? A lot of talk but no action...
    2005 2200 Gambler 2005 Merc 250 Racing XS

15. Dogfish_Jones
    Your vote goes way beyond just voting for the person. As I have said, this country decided this is the way they want this country to be ran..... just be careful what you/who you vote for.

16. Member
    Ive been a union member for over 25yrs. Luckily our company protects our pension even though its paid out by the union. The teamsters are strong and alive at UPS. But that being said it needs new people at the top to straighten out the contract bs. Last vote did not go well. I blame back room hand shake deals before negotiations. You tell em we wont strike and then take over 12 months to pass a contract that we voted no for... Yeah. It happened. But, the daily fight over normal issues in our local are handled as they should be, and we fight for each other.

17. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Last time I was in a Union Jimmy Hoffa was the President. I doubt much has changed with Unions. The leadership of most is as corrupt as the Political groups. Maybe even more so.

18. Member
    All the new government programs that are coming will create "good paying Union jobs". If you read carefully, you will see this wording in every description.....

Actually I know that its carrying Alberta tar sands from Alberta to the Gulf in Texas. Tar sands are heavier and more toxic than regular crude thus almost impossible to clean up after a spill.
    The pipeline will benefit Alberta and Canada the most. After construction there will only be a few hundred jobs come from it in the US. What I dont know is wjy we need to import oil from Canada when we are suppose to be energy independent due to fracking. Second I dont know how or if we are currently refining Alberta tar sands in this country and how it gets from point A to point B.

I was pointing out that which ever logistical method currently being used to transport the oil will falter and cost jobs once the pipeline was functional. I did this without breaking the forum rules or being a douchebag which seems to be hard for some on here.
    https://www.keystonexl.com/employment/

It's far more than a "few hundred Jobs"...but justify it however it makes you sleep better. You make the comment that you don't know...which is exactly right..you have no idea. It goes by Rail/Truck. Guess which one vs Pipelines is more accident prone?

My family has been in the pipeline business over 70 years. From Saudi to Kuwait, to ID, SD, HI, Canada etc.. The oil industry is complex...and by "ramblin joe" doing this he married us back to middle eastern, and South American oil.

I don't think he was being a d-bag as you call it..he pointed out the facts, which you admit, and is very evident you have no clue about. Thanks for supporting 10's of thousands of solid jobs being lost...but hey they can "find something else" right.

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    but but wait you can get jobs in green energy,, oh and you have to start over at the bottom and starve
    These "green energy jobs" aren't there right now... Industry wide has slowed down significantly because of covid/supply chain/cancelled contracts etc. I'm thinking I've got one more year left in the industry, and then I'm going to sell out and do something else.

We're delaying projects right now because panels have been stuck in port for weeks upon weeks. Cancelling keystone was a shot across the bow at the oil industry by someone who doesn't give one ounce of a shit about the american worker.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast