Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    That guy knows nothing about building and running a business.
    Yep, he went from selling baits out of the back of his father’s liquor store to a net worth of 4.1 billion. That said, I no longer do business with any of his holdings (that I am aware of).
    Phoenix 21PHX 250 SHO, Lowrance Carbons & Ghost & Active Target

actually, they were slipping in registrations, though the last quarter increased HUGE for Nitro on first time buyers. Ranger slipped a couple units, which Nitro gained greatly from the BPS distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    Can you provide a link to this documentation? I was just looking for this data last week, but couldn’t find it. I’m hopeful that you can point me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by slyz118c View Post
    I have, family member has a new Cougar FTD... Carpet in rear compartments, Livewells are made of plastic, the center console between the seats looks like a plywood box covered in carpet with with a nylon strap and a single button keeping it closed. Looks cheep as hell. The rod box doesn’t even have tubes or a tree to hang your rods on, you just pile them in there? Like I said before you don’t see those types of things in a Ranger. Now you want to talk about Ride and Speed, the Bass cat is great, it flys and rides super nice. Also have a really nice trailer. But at the end of the day the fit and finish and details of the boat isn’t up to Par JMO.
    Wow, talk about a bashing, need to adjust your ego and get your facts straight first. I had an Eyra, quality rig. Moved to a bigger and rougher lake, wanted a bigger rig. Bass Cat introduced the Lynx but the lead time was way out. Bought a new 2018 521L Ranger, was OK. Traded and bought another 2020 521 L, it's OK. If I trade again for a 2022, will definitely take a hard look at the Jag. Bass Cat fit and finish is second to none, take that from a Ranger owner!!!!
    Last edited by electritek; 02-21-2021 at 09:33 PM.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Wow, talk about a bashing, need to adjust your ego and get your facts straight first. I had an Eyra, quality rig. Moved to a bigger and rougher lake, wanted a bigger rig. Bass Cat introduced the Lynx but the lead time was way out. Bought a new 2018 521L Ranger, was OK. Traded and bought another 2020 521 L, it's OK. If I trade again for a 2022, will definitely take a hard look at the Jag. Bass Cat fit and finish is second to none, take that from a Ranger owner!!!!
    This whole discussion is nuts...each manufacturer has there positives and negatives. Why do people feel the need to "bash" others?
    You buy what you want and be happy with it.
    Personally I think Ranger is a MUCH nicer looking boat by a mile but others may disagree and that is fine....I LOVE what Basscat is all about, I LOVE the performance of the Cats, I LOVE the owner of Basscat.....unfortunately I didn't LOVE the boat when I went to buy one.
    When it's time to get another boat I will go through the exercise again.
    Boatless

5. Member
    That guy knows nothing about building and running a business.
    I hope this is sarcasm... As much as people hate to see the corporatization of things, running a business seems to be his strong suit, considering he owns the most market share when compared to any of his competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm... As much as people hate to see the corporatization of things, running a business seems to be his strong suit, considering he owns the most market share when compared to any of his competitors.

100% sarcasm.

100% sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    actually, they were slipping in registrations, though the last quarter increased HUGE for Nitro on first time buyers. Ranger slipped a couple units, which Nitro gained greatly from the BPS distribution.
    Were the slipping registrations of boats sold in IL? Because it’s been almost a year since I bought my Ranger and IL DNR still hasn’t furnished my registration blaming covid, record boat sales and other nonsense like vendors.

Illinois doesn’t have that many registrations, though yes there was a delay in Illinois. The majority of bass boat registrations exist south of I-70 and from KC, MO east to the Chesapeake Bay Area and south.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zrp View Post
    I know a pro that lost his Ranger ride. He said Ranger is dropping the pros, not the other way around. Skeeter picked him up pretty quick. That's all he told me. Didn't Ranger become a premier sponsor for BASS? If so that might be why their dumping MLF pros. All speculation on my part (Other than what I was told).
    Maybe but Christie went to Express and hes with BASS
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    Supposedly placing more money and focus at the local level than throwing money at pro sponsorships. We shall see if/ how that works out...
    Idk about that. USA Bassin is now giving Basscats away at the Classics instead of Rangers
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Birdie told me Ranger is for Sale... not sure truth to this however.. maybe just rumor..

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Birdie told me Ranger is for Sale... not sure truth to this however.. maybe just rumor..
    Now this thread has some traction...
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Member
    I'm listening again...

I am accepting donations from all Ranger owners so I can buy Ranger and run it right!
    Boatless

16. Banned
    I also heard PowerPole was building a trolling motor....maybe just a rumor.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    our sales catalog has pics and a description of this "rumor".. hmmmm...mike drop

19. Member
    ROFL, I just checked out Bass Cat Eyra and the pic is powered with a Rude.
    https://www.basscat.com/boats/page/7/eyra-202

20. Member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast