Merc premium plus shelf life

Wasn’t sure where to post this. What’s the shelf life of a drum of premium plus? Just wondering, thanks!
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

2. Member
    never seen any go bad, ive sold drums and had people use it for 5,6 7 years might lay it down and roll it down the hill ever now and then
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We were always told that additives and oils were "in theory" fine for 5 years in sealed containers. I would presume that to be on the "conservative" side, and Joe was suggesting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks guys. Been thinking of getting a drum if I can ever find some at a decent price. Been hard to beat Academy’s prices as of late.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Often see prices that are really close to bulk (enough so that you can't justify the time to pump it and the cost of a plastic bottle in some cases).

Sometimes a dealer that's putting together a spring or fall "special program" order may be willing to give you a special price on a drum (if you are picking it up from them). Local dealer is the best odds.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor