Ohorn

Where to mount a Livescope on a Z21

Looking for ideas on where to mount a Garmin Livescope box on my Z21 surely someone has done this already?

Thanks in advance!

The box, i think would mount it in the driver side rod box. That is where I am planning on mounting my Active Target box.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I'm not sure about the Z21, but my Z20 had a corner section at the left rear corner of the driver side rod box that was slanted or angled at 45 degrees and just wide enough for the box to fit onto. So you would be mounting it vertically.

I the corner section I am referring to is inside the rod box shown in this snapshot..
    Screenshot 2021-01-27 151559.png
    Last edited by KCLOST; 01-27-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Drivers side rod box, first step is month the transducer and run the cable, this way you know where the box will be. Then run power. If your up for some more expense you can get an extension for the transducer so you can get the box under the dash, this may be beneficial if you are in a super hot area. I "believe " my box gets warm after say 6 hours and performance goes a bit down. Just a bit.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    I did the passenger side box on my z20.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Ohorn
    Thanks for the info next question did you wire it to your starting battery and did you put it on a seperate switch?

Thanks!

I ran 8 gauge wire from the positive and negative terminals in the bilge to a separate fuse box identical to the one installed under the dash at the factory. It is a Blue Sea Systems 5025 block with 6 available terminal connections (yours may be different). My other fuse block was already filled, and I wanted a good clean power source without all the other stuff possibly stealing power needed for the Livescope. I have the Livescope and my Garmin unit connected to it only. I also installed a Voodoo 8 gauge inline fuse holder right at the Negative terminal in the bilge, 50amp.
    Connecting to the terminals at the bilge rather than the battery allows me to kill the power to everything with my main shut off switch. You can connect directly to the battery if you wish, but I would install some sort of switch.
    terminal.jpgFuseHolder.jpg
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team