March Trip LAKES??

Last year took a trip to Cherokee in mid March for a week. Loved the place but didn't catch as many as we had hoped. Planning to go back down to Tennessee mid march this year...what are the BEST lakes to produce smallmouth during that time? Appreciate it.
    2000 Ranger 518vx
    2015 200 Yamaha SHO

Last edited by fishinarc; 04-05-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Coming from the mid-west, I would look at Dale Hollow. Made the trip from Plattsburgh,NY to DH for many years on Easter week. The holiday floats, fished the lake from mid March to mid April depending on the holiday. The biggest challenge is the weather, may or may not be your friend. Once it went from snow on a Monday, to t shirt by Friday.

4. Member
    Dale Hollow if you want quality and numbers. Chick if you want a shot at a biggun.
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

5. Member
    If we're talking smallmouth, then I would suggest South Holston or Watagua. Be aware that because of their proximity to the Appalachian trail and the time of year, snow and ice are a possibility even into April.

6. Member
    100% Dale Hollow

7. Member
    you are at the right lake.if you just want to go to a different lake in tn.go to dale hollow.in ky cumberland.from my experience going back to the 70's the nastier the weather on cherokee the better the fishing for smallmouth.(not saying i havent had good days with nice weather)also my best fishing for smallmouth has always been within a mile of the dam.thanks,good luck and good fishing
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

8. Member
    Crowds are getting Terrible at Dale Hollow and Cumberland I would consider other options especially if you are fishing weekends
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

9. Member
    Thanks for all the replies. I booked a trip to Dale Hollow mid march. We will see how it goes!
    2000 Ranger 518vx
    2015 200 Yamaha SHO