urethane pour foam

hey all,
    I've got a question for someone who has encountered this before. I've been using urethane pour foam in my boat project. I've had a few over pour in places that have required trimming. I've noticed a loss of some strength in the trimmed areas. also worried that the cut areas would have a water retention problem. any one encountered this before ?? the product is U S Composites 4 lb. urethane pour foam.

Dave

2. Member
    Yeah, you don't want to loose that shell. You can cover it with resin to seal it up. I'm working on a 19 tracker, they just put tape over the hole they pump the foam into. Kind of half assed because the cheap tape doesn't last and water does get into the trimmed of foam. It's best to pour into a hole into the floor, with a couple of relief holes for any extra that might come out. Several ways to cover the hole to keep water out of it.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

3. Member
    I seal my cuts with a slightly thinned epoxy resin.

4. Member
    Hey RoJo !!
    thanks both of you.
    ive got plenty of epoxy resin. good idea. when the boat was cleaned and stripped, Tracker did nothing to leave paths for water under the foam. ive poured foam on top of Styrofoam , to leave a natural path in the bottom of the boat. also placed swim noodles for water trapped on top. hoping to remove the problem of constant water left in the boat, and eventual infiltration into the foam......ish....kinda...hoping. feel free to comment on anything, always looking for new info.

Dave