Banned

Underspins vs tail spinner

Can somebody educate on these? time/place/conditions they shine in? HAve some left from a trip to Lanier many years ago but they've been in the box since. Didnt use at Lanier either.

Same goes for Tail spinner.

Thanks

2. Member
    I've been using little George's since the 70's. Actually have won tournaments on them. Fish are deep cooling water. Can make long casts and get to the bottom quick. I like the 3/4 oz size. You can also fish shallow with them, just burn them like a spinnerbait. I probably should fish them more.
    Underspins. No clue.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

3. Member
    there are two totally different baits to me. Tailspinners I fish like the guy above said. Deep, cold water. I like 45 degree banks and water under 50*, with a slow lift and fall retrieve. They will hit it 3 or 4 times before you get a hook in them some times.

Underspins you can fish anytime of the year with various swimbaits, flukes or whatever for a trailer. I use them for suspended fish. Find fish suspended around bait, and count them down and swim it through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    there are two totally different baits to me. Tailspinners I fish like the guy above said. Deep, cold water. I like 45 degree banks and water under 50*, with a slow lift and fall retrieve. They will hit it 3 or 4 times before you get a hook in them some times.

Underspins you can fish anytime of the year with various swimbaits, flukes or whatever for a trailer. I use them for suspended fish. Find fish suspended around bait, and count them down and swim it through them.
    I completely agree with this. Adding very little, the tail spinner good for deep, likely schooling fish cold or hot outside. Also, the underspin is a spinnerbait of sorts. Think finesse if you will. Obviously no skirt has a different profile, but it's still a baitfish. Try shad, bluegill, or craw colors. Don't be afraid to throw a speedcraw on there!
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    Don't be afraid to throw a speedcraw on there!
    Hmmmmmm

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    I Don't be afraid to throw a speedcraw on there!
    Yes, good outside the box thinking. Maybe even paint the blade (orange, red, chartreuse?)