My Garmin Install - Livescope, added 93sv, and networking. Hope this helps someone.

Hi all...

Here is a run-through of my Garmin install on my Nitro. I added another 93sv and Livescope. I also added a 20v DeWalt battery to only power the LS to take the load off of my cranking battery. This does not improve the quality of picture for Livescope.

Enjoy, and I hope this helps someone with some ideas for their boat!

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm happy to help.

Last edited by Andrew1275; 01-26-2021 at 12:31 PM.
    Andrew in KC

2017 Nitro Z17 - 115 Mercury Four Stroke Command Thrust

Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV UHD at Console / 2 Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV at Bow with Livescope

Heart Transplant Recipient - March 30, 2017! God bless my donor, and donor family!

2. Member
    Nice video and nice install . I do have one question. It looks like when deployed your livescope and 52 transducer cables lay across your ultrex cable. Do you get any interference from that? Thanks, and thanks again for the video.

3. Member
    Thanks for watching! I have zero interference anywhere. There was none when it was just was the 52, and after I added the LS, there still wasn't any.
    Andrew in KC

Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV UHD at Console / 2 Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV at Bow with Livescope

Heart Transplant Recipient - March 30, 2017! God bless my donor, and donor family!

4. Member
    Good video, thanks! What model dewalt 20v adapter did you use? Again how long did the battery last?

Nice video

Hennessey outdoor electronics has a couple of mounts I've never seen

https://hennesseyoutdoorelectronics....tdoor-products
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
    Good video, thanks! What model dewalt 20v adapter did you use? Again how long did the battery last?
    I used the Seelite battery adapter. I put the link in the description on the video. I'm using a 4ah battery and lasts a little over 4 hours. I bring extra batteries with me, but it's very cold here in KC right now, so haven't spent that much time out there since I installed. I am going to get a 9ah off brand from Amazon for the spring. That should last all day. They run about $68 for the off brand, the DeWalt is about $200.
    Andrew in KC

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    They have some nice mounts....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    you didn't ask me but i also use the dewalt 20V to power the blackbox. 8AH dewalt lasts about 8 hours.

this adapter here is the best i came across:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Adapt...697105&sr=8-11

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mage View Post
    you didn't ask me but i also use the dewalt 20V to power the blackbox. 8AH dewalt lasts about 8 hours.

this adapter here is the best i came across:

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Adapt...697105&sr=8-11
    thanks, guess a 3ah won’t last to long! I got a half dozen of those. Are you happy with your results using the 20v?

10. Member
    thanks, guess a 3ah won’t last to long! I got a half dozen of those. Are you happy with your results using the 20v?
    Yes, so far it works great, and is easy to take out and charge. You can get away with a bunch of smaller batteries throughout the day if you already have them.
    Andrew in KC

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1275 View Post
    Yes, so far it works great, and is easy to take out and charge. You can get away with a bunch of smaller batteries throughout the day if you already have them.
    Thanks, looking to keep my LS mobile, moving it between two boats!

12. Member
    yes sir, i'm happy with my result. i have dewalt tools that's why i'm doing this.
    the screen will get fuzzy when the battery is about out of juice.
    as Andrew1275 stated, you can always bring small ones to get you through the day.

if you don't have an adapter yet. get the one on the link i sent you, you wo'nt regret it.
    remember to only do this to your blackbox, not the graph because most graphs are rated 12-18V.
    1AH on 20V roughly get you an hour of fishing. i have 8 AH, and 8 hours is enough to get me tired for one day.

13. Member
    Question on the seelite adaptor, did you common the battery out with the cranking battery?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcogland View Post
    Question on the seelite adaptor, did you common the battery out with the cranking battery?
    I did not common it with the cranking battery. It's just positive and negative to the black box with the switched wired in.
    Andrew in KC

15. Member
    Thanks for taking the time to video and post this. Helpful for folks like me who have no experience with Live Scope. I will have a 93SV at the console and one at the bow. I'm thinking of getting another one for the bow to be able to use the Live Scope and traditional type sonar at the same time. Those mounts look like the ticket. I don't fish tournaments and my fishing days are generally 5 hours or less. Does anyone know if I be able to run the Live Scope box and potentially 3 93SV's off the starting battery for 4 or 5 hours and still be able to start the 150 on the back? I have a DeWalt 20 volt drill/impact driver and one of the batteries is a 4 amp hour so running the box off the DeWalt is a possibility also.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to video and post this. Helpful for folks like me who have no experience with Live Scope. I will have a 93SV at the console and one at the bow. I'm thinking of getting another one for the bow to be able to use the Live Scope and traditional type sonar at the same time. Those mounts look like the ticket. I don't fish tournaments and my fishing days are generally 5 hours or less. Does anyone know if I be able to run the Live Scope box and potentially 3 93SV's off the starting battery for 4 or 5 hours and still be able to start the 150 on the back? I have a DeWalt 20 volt drill/impact driver and one of the batteries is a 4 amp hour so running the box off the DeWalt is a possibility also.
    I think you will be fine running off the cranking battery for 5 to 6 hours. I have the 3 graphs, networking, NMEA, and more running off mine and the voltage never drops during the day. Adding the Livescope may drop mine during the day, but I never found out becuase of the DeWalt concept. Good luck!

17. Member
    Some people have PM'd me about the links to the switch. Here it is.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1