Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

looking at ordering a nitro z20 or z21 pro

so im putting some plans in place to be able to order this boat in the fall. i was looking at the options list and wanted to know for some owners what are some of the must have options. it will be a dual console for sure. i fish club and state level tournaments. and my wife will be a consistent passenger. what would everyone recommend.

2. Member
    I just ordered and received a 2021 Z19 Pro. One thing I discovered too late to get on the order is the traction pad for the cockpit area, it replaces the carpet. I have seen boats with it and wish I had it. Another great option that I have is the anti-fatigue mat on the front deck, also the X-Grip phone holder under the driver console. Other options I ordered and glad to have are the driver side cleat, makes for easy tie ups for launching and retrieving; Auto Bilge pump; and mooring cover. Also, my dealer installed the Mercury Vessel View that connects to my phone via Blue Tooth. Gives me most of the engine data that the Smartcraft gauge does without taking up console space and is cheaper at about $220. Good luck with your new boat. Hope you like it as much as we like ours.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

3. Member
    Pat covered most of the items, but there are a couple more. You mentioned your wife will be a consistent passenger. Spring for the removable passenger console. I also highly recommend the CruiseAir seats. I ordered one for my driver's seat and it makes running rough water so much more comfortable.

4. Member
    The cover is well built and worth the money. I'd also spring for the jackplate, I like being able to bury it in rough water and fine tune when running full tilt. Like stated, the drivers cleat is well worth the money. The compartment fan is nice. If you night fish and want LED lights, its a nice setup, I also like having the stereo built in.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    The Pro package has every option for a great fishing setup. I added the Atlas hydraulic jack plate for better running performance. The boat cover is of very high quality so consider adding that in. I would not get the low profile trailer tires and black rims. While they may look cool, the standard tires will ride and trailer better.

2021 Z21 Pro

The cockpit flooring mat would be high on my list. I like the culling station option.

The driver cleat is a personal preference, if you have to tie up alot maybe its worth it.

I have been through locks and docked many times without a driver side cleat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    Must have:
    Ultrex.
    Keel protector.
    Hot foot.
    Trim on wheel.
    Cover.
    Fiberglass fenders.
    Retractable tie downs.
    Oxygen generator.
    Auto bilge pump.
    Battery charger = to number of batteries.

Could do without:
    Cleat at console.
    Spinning rod holder in starboard rod box.
    Vent fan.
    18" wheels. (I do really like them).

Mine came with the anti fatigue mat. It may be standard on the Z20.

I wish I had gotten the floor mat and maybe the storage drawer.

I chose to not get anchors or graphs so I could rig myself the way I wanted instead of the way someone else wanted.

8. Banned
    thanks for all the great recommendations what about the CoolGuard™ livewell cooling system and KICKER® KMC1 Bluetooth®-capable stereo system. i couldnt see where it had a radio and it would be nice when me and the wife are cruising.

9. Member
    Ratchet straps for trailer. And what was mentioned above.

10. Member
    I see a lot recommending the cockpit floor mat. Is it for ease of cleaning or is there something I’m missing about it?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonsta View Post
    I see a lot recommending the cockpit floor mat. Is it for ease of cleaning or is there something I’m missing about it?
    It doesn't hold water like carpet does. It would be nice if it were an option in the rod lockers.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Shimanek View Post
    It doesn't hold water like carpet does. It would be nice if it were an option in the rod lockers.
    makes sense thank you! I agree that would be a great addition to a rod locker for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    thanks for all the great recommendations what about the CoolGuard™ livewell cooling system and KICKER® KMC1 Bluetooth®-capable stereo system. i couldnt see where it had a radio and it would be nice when me and the wife are cruising.
    The coolguard cooling system is just that a system to help cool your livewells water, i just don't see a need for it down here in Texas, but I do not fish tournaments in July and August usually.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonsta View Post
    cockpit carpet takes a long time to dry out. The front and rear decks catch wind on the move, the floor doesn’t at all.

15. Banned
    one big question that has me thinking now is the z21 going to be much better then the z20. both will be pro models. i fish mainly lakes but will fish some big revivors like lake oahe and mille lacs any help would be awesome

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfisherman1995 View Post
    one big question that has me thinking now is the z21 going to be much better then the z20. both will be pro models. i fish mainly lakes but will fish some big revivors like lake oahe and mille lacs any help would be awesome
    it’s personal preference. I’m happy with the rough water ride in my z20, but I’m sure the z21 rides a little better. More jealous of the nicer carpet and latches on the z21.

17. Member
    The Z21 is a big boat and is rated for a 300hp. By going with the Z20, you maximize the HP, unless you put a 300hp on the z21.

Well possibly a new z21 coming out. Guessing its just a feature change, wonder if the boat it is tied to the Merc announcement.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Well possibly a new z21 coming out. Guessing its just a feature change, wonder if the boat it is tied to the Merc announcement.

any word on when that announcement is coming

20. Member
    Not tied to Mercury announcement unless it is rated for 600 h.p. The two speed automatic and lower unit separated from the engine sound interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast