Couple hpdi 250 questions.

I have an 07 250 hpdi with 75 original hours and was wanting to do some of the service myself. Is there an easy way to order all 9 fuel filters/ screens for the motor? Best place to order from?

In regards to the fuel injectors does anybody recommend particular shop to have them serviced and flow tested? What would be an average cost to have them done?

Also I am told my tuner is burnt up and need to replace it any recommendations for a better than Factory tuner? I will not be doing the tuner myself... A little out of my expertise.

Thanks for any information.

2. Member
    If you are mechanically inclined, replacing the filters is not that difficult. I would suggest buying a sealoc manual as that will give some information. Most importantly make sure you disconnect the battery andrelieve the fuel pressure on the schrader valve (located bottom of the vst tank).
    Parts either from Sims Yamaha or boats.net
    Tuner I would call Hydrotec as they sell many stock and modified parts for Yamaha.

3. Member
    Hydro tec for the tuner, they can also flow test injectors.

4. Member
    I want to say there are 10 micro basket filters. 6 in each injector and 2 in each high pressure fuel pumps. All are relatively simple and can be changed with no mechanical experience. But if you are going to get them serviced then you only need to swap out the 2 pairs in the high pressure fuel pumps. They should (may need to verify) replace the filters when they flow test them. Each injector costs around 25-30 to test. However if you are going to replace orings and gaskets and use yamaha OEM get ready to pay. The packing kit and the gaskets are approx. 50 per injector!

5. Member
    Yes, there are 10 of the basket filters on the 3.3 HPDIs. The injectors and HP pumps take the same filters. NAPA #CRB 215001 fits. They are a common automotive filter. The basket isn't quite as deep but they work great. Obviously you don't need to remove the injectors to change the filters.

I've reused the injector gaskets and coated them with a bit Teflon thread sealant. I know getting injectors flow tested is quite popular but I think it is way oversold. Use a gas additive and change the injector filters. You should be good unless there is an obvious problem.

6. Member
    I know it isnt part of the qestion, but did you purchase that motor near cannonsburg ky? Sounds exactly like the year and hours of a HPDI i traded in.

7. Member
    Bob's also sells a tuner for right at $100. I just installed one in my OX66 this past week while I had it torn down to install solid mounts. The tuner is not bad to install; it's just nuts and bolts. However, you do need to pull the lower unit, then pull the powerhead and disassemble the mid section. If you are that deep into it, I would change the mounts and the tilt tube bushings if they have any play in them at all. The Bob's solid mounts are about $100 as well for the full set of uppers and lowers...just make sure you order the two mid section gaskets and the powerhead gasket prior to tearing it all apart. It really is pretty straight forward.

Injector Rehab in New Jersey just did my injectors. I believe it was $25 per injector to flow check them, clean them, rebuild them, flow check them again after rebuilding and it included new seals. Their turn around time was very quick.

8. Member
    Good advice. I replaced my lower mounts on my 250 hpdi but the upper mounts require a head pull which i've not personally done before. I went with Bobs solid mounts as well but hydrotec also sell them. Changing the tilt tube bushings would be easier with the motor disassembled but i managed it with the motor intact even though it was a bit tricky lining it up to put it back together. All good maintenance work.
    Current: 2006 ~ 20i ~ 250 HPDI ~ T1-25p
    Previous: 2005 ~ ZX 225 ~ 250 HPDI Phase III - TXP 26p