CCMS reed stuffers on a 225 EFI

I am rebuilding my 2000 225 EFI serial number OT121338 and I will be replacing the reeds. I was wondering what the pros and cons would be to adding the CCM reed stuffers would be on a fairly stock engine and ECM'S. Any information would be helpful, thank you in advance.

A little better bottom end torque, not likely to notice a top speed change. No negative effects. Dont expect much difference but they do help a little. In conjunction with the reeds there will be gains all across the board though
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    I put those exact reeds and stuffers in my 2001 225 efi, the hole shot and mid range torque is noticeably better,no regrets.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Bottom end torque would be where I would expect to see the most improvement.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thank you everyone for your responses. A low end power improvement is exactly what I am looking for from this engine so I these are going on to my parts shopping list. Thanks again!