Cobra 201 switches for livewells

I recently purchased a 1998 cobra 201d. Can anyone tell me how many dash switches there are for the livewells and what they should control in theory? I’m trying to troubleshoot some wiring with the livewells. I’m thinking there should be 2 switches that control the livewells that are on the right of the steering wheel. They are both 3 way rocker switches and am not sure exactly what they should be doing in the different positions. Thank you
    98 Cobra 201D 98 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Member
    You should have two switches for your livewells. On my boat, the first switch to the right of the steering wheel controls my live well lights, the next two are for the aerators. If I remember correctly, the up position is Auto, and the down position is Manual.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

3. Member
    I didn’t even think about the livewell lights.the lights aren’t working it seems. And only one aerator seems to be working. If one switch is for livewell lights it would seem that both aerators must be wired into one switch because I don’t seem to have another switch unaccounted for.

4. Member
    I'd definitely start by puling the pumps out, and making sure they are not clogged up, and checking voltage. I would think you have one switch for each pump, and not just one switch controlling both pumps. But that's not to say that the previous owner did not change things around. I had a pump go bad once, and of course by turning the switch on, nothing would happen.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

5. Member
    I have 2 switches on the right side of the dash next to steering wheel and one empty slot to add another switch. The switch closest to the steering wheel seems to run one aerator pump in manual or auto. I assume it has some sort of timer in one position or the other. The second switch isn’t doing anything. Not sure if it should be livewell lights or the other aerator. Thanks for your help.

6. Member
    Thanks for your help ryno 615. I’ll see if I can do some voltage testing. The confusing part is the lights of that switch runs the other pump then what should run the lights. Maybe the previous owner changed up the wiring. Not certain. I wonder if most of these boats had 2 switches and a spare hole on the right or if they originally had 3 switches and one has been removed. We will see.

7. Member
    I'm not sure honestly man, mine is a '99, so its possible that mine is different. Yours may or may not have live well lights? I'll try to get some pictures of mine tomorrow and show you how mine is laid out.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

8. Member
    There are lights mounted in the livewells but they do not come on. Both aerators being on one switch would seem strange compared to other boats I’ve had. It may be that live well lights are wired in with instrument panel back lighting? Maybe someone else with a similar model year will chime in. Thanks for your input.