On/Off Switch for my poles

do you all use a switch to shut the power completely off to your poles or are they wired direct to power all the time?

Im redoing and cleaning up some wiring in the back of my boat and when i first installed my Poles i had them wired direct.
    don't have a Battery Disconnect in the boat and no where close around to get one.
    was thinking of just using a normal rocker or toggle to just turn the power off to the pumps but not sure how i can wire one in and make it not look like a cobbled up mess.

any of you guys have a picture of yours if you have them on something other than a Batt Disconnect.

2. Member
    IMG_2164.JPGHave mine off the main boat power switch. You can order them from Amazon. You can see mine lower right corner
    Last edited by Phoenix919; 01-25-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    Risen From The Ashes!!

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Battery disconnect switch such as the Marinco 701 or similar rated switch is what we recommend Luke. do not use a rocker or toggle. switch must be rated for at least 80 amps for twin blades
    above pic is a "battery disconnect switch" like Im referring to. Tyd in 2 days off amazon.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-25-2021 at 10:53 PM.

4. Member
    The BEP/Marinco 701 is a great option for stuff like that..Nice and compact and does what it needs to. Luke, Im emailing you and Tyson some diagrams I cant get to upload on here for some reason. BEP also makes the 701-MD which is a remote motorized battery switch. Allows you to install switch close to batteries but have a more accessible remote switch. Blue Sea makes the model number 6005, which is a "keyed" version of a battery switch, with a physical key on it, which is great for people who might forget to turn OFF. As the key ends up being a reminder....and an OH crap fail safe..

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Did manage to find a disconnect switch this morning locally so got it wired in today.
    now just to get my order for all my new pumps from Bass Cat and i can get the old girl back together again.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Did manage to find a disconnect switch this morning locally so got it wired in today.
    now just to get my order for all my new pumps from Bass Cat and i can get the old girl back together again.

I have 3 of the BEP switches. one for my Talons, one for my trolling motor, and one for the cranking battery