The Thriving Metropolis of Huntsville, Alabama

Jackstands With Pivoting Wheel

Looking to replace the jackstand. Is the pivoting wheel the way to go? When I read about dual wheels I get the impression it works great on non-concrete surfaces.

2. Member
    I bought the two wheel jack. It was harder to roll, much harder to change direction. Went back to the single wheel jack. Stratos 19'5" 200 Suzuki. If you take the rop rubber cap off a jack, and throw some anti-sieze on the gears it will crank so much easier.

I just replaced mine with a single wheel fulton F2.
    I took the top cap off my old jack and greased it up. That made a slight difference but still hard to crank. New fulton works great
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

4. Member
    Is the F2 easier to move/change direction i.e. does the wheel swivel easier? Thanks

My original jack on my Stratos trailer was a Fulton and I replaced it with a Fulton xp10 0301, so I was mistaken calling it a Fulton F2, my bad.
    That being said my new jack rolls and pivots great. Maybe I'm missing your point as to a pivoting wheel.

6. Member
    What's wrong with your jack stand? cranking hard? you can take them apart, then clean and grease. Check U-tube video's

I did that to mine after years of cranking hard...works like new now.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    My original jack on my Stratos trailer was a Fulton and I replaced it with a Fulton xp10 0301, so I was mistaken calling it a Fulton F2, my bad.
    That being said my new jack rolls and pivots great. Maybe I'm missing your point as to a pivoting wheel.
    My existing jack requires the wheel to be kicked to move in a different direction. I am under the impression a pivoting wheel that has a bearing should make the trailer easier to change direction.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Mud View Post
    What's wrong with your jack stand? cranking hard? you can take them apart, then clean and grease. Check U-tube video's

I did that to mine after years of cranking hard...works like new now.
    No sir raising/lowering is not an issue. It's getting the trailer to roll in a different direction without kicking the wheel. It's the original jack that came on the 2016 RT188's

Quote Originally Posted by papafrancisco View Post
    My existing jack requires the wheel to be kicked to move in a different direction. I am under the impression a pivoting wheel that has a bearing should make the trailer easier to change direction.
    Every jackstand on every bumper mount trailer I have had(boat, horse,stock, flatbed) has had a wheel that pivots. All for the most part need some motivation to get them going in the proper direction. Of course pre-planning can be of great assistance. Get her disconnected from the tow vehicle with the wheel directed appropriately.
    Maybe someone else can offer up some knowledge on a jackstand that moves more easily

10. Member
    Check out the ABT trailer jack skate that replaces the wheel with caster wheels if you have a concrete floor.

Papa, what surface is your boat parked on? Sounds like its not concrete, so asphalt, gravel, dirt?