2014 Z119c interior fading.....anyone paint plastic?

Ok....I'm pretty disappointed in the way the interior trim on my Z119c has held up.....given that my 482 interior never faded from when I bought it in 95' until I sold it in 2005 when I bought my bayboat.............the plastic on the inside trim beside the passenger and driver has faded dramatically for a boat that has only been out in the sun for fishing and is kept under a carport with a cover on it.....considering getting some grey spray paint and giving it a go....any thoughts?....thanks in advance.....

2. Member
    Try the Rustoleum Trim Restore. I used it the other day on the Black plastic in mine and it does a great job..like new. It works much better than the other back to black products i tried before. There are other products that have been mentioned on the forum as well. Good luck . BTW I assume your interior plastic is black.
    Last edited by Firebone; 01-25-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I have a 2014 Z520C and use 303 Aerospace Protectant and my inside trim continues to look great. I recommend you give it a try. Good luck.

4. Member
    My stepdad painted his this past weekend. Look better than new now. Here are some before and after pics as well as the products used. The nasty spots on the after pictures are where the carpet goes and we haven’t glued it back on yet.

1. Cleaned the panels really well with TSP and Denatured alcohol and let dry.
    2. Spray light coat of adhesion promotor and let set 5 minutes.
    3. Spray wet coat of adhesion promotor and let set 10 minutes.
    4. Spray first coat of color and let set 15 minutes.
    5. Spray final coat of color for two coats total.

Dries to touch in 15 minutes and is fully cured in 24 hours.

Last edited by mysticslobra; 01-25-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Outstanding work !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Rustoleum plastic restore. Super easy, I did mine last year. Still look brand new.above looks great also
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

7. Member
    Those look great,good job!

If I ever get motivated to pull those off...I’ll have them hydro dipped. The rust oleum stuff works good...going to need two coats, and DON’T get that stuff on anything else...seats/trim/etc.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticslobra View Post
    My stepdad painted his this past weekend. Look better than new now. Here are some before and after pics as well as the products used. The nasty spots on the after pictures are where the carpet goes and we haven’t glued it back on yet.

1. Cleaned the panels really well with TSP and Denatured alcohol and let dry.
    2. Spray light coat of adhesion promotor and let set 5 minutes.
    3. Spray wet coat of adhesion promotor and let set 10 minutes.
    4. Spray first coat of color and let set 15 minutes.
    5. Spray final coat of color for two coats total.

Dries to touch in 15 minutes and is fully cured in 24 hours.

Very nice work!!
    I’ve kept mine up with Aerospace 303, still looking good.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

10. Banned
    That's does look good... I too protect the plastic often and don't have any fade issues. Seats and plastic still look new on my 2013 ranger. I've painted plastic before, it's all about the prep. Not sure but are you able to hydro dip it??

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
    Ok....I'm pretty disappointed in the way the interior trim on my Z119c has held up.....given that my 482 interior never faded from when I bought it in 95' until I sold it in 2005 when I bought my bayboat.............the plastic on the inside trim beside the passenger and driver has faded dramatically for a boat that has only been out in the sun for fishing and is kept under a carport with a cover on it.....considering getting some grey spray paint and giving it a go....any thoughts?....thanks in advance.....
    I have the exact model that you have and use Slick Mist Interior Detailer 2-3 times a year and mine looks brand new still.

Nice

13. mikesxpress