Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Small Business People...Please Step In

I run a boat rental company in Murrells Inlet SC. I have about 20 employees during summer. Im looking for a way for employees to clock in and out. Currently they keep track of their own hours and ask for a check when they are ready. I have an idea of who works what but with slower days and all sometimes we send people home early. This year I caught an employee lying on her hours and want a way to try and get rid of that. A traditional time clock won't work, texts of clocking in and out would get lost as my phone rings 120 times a day in summer. Obviously I can't be there 24 hours a day as we have two locations. Im just looking for some help. I was thinking of an app that at least notifies me when an employee clocks in and out.
    "I found the key to happiness, Fish more, Stress less"

2. Member
    A clearly visible camera above a time clock should suffice.

2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

4. Member
    https://www.mcmaster.com/8008T4/

Places I worked at had these. Hard to have someone punch in for you when a finger scan is required
    Fish have fins, they swim

Please explain why a normal time clock won't work? I operated one for 35+ years. If you are worried about somebody punching in/out for their buddy, then an upgrade may be in order, along with a sign that says cheaters will be terminated and prosecuted for fraud.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

6. Member
    Kronos

7. Member
    time clock wizard. Employees have to snap their pic while clocking in. Works very well in stopping the exact thing you are worried about.

8. Member
    paycom

9. Member
    We use Paycor here. Its web based and for our company they set it up to use your SSN as a password along with an employee id number. Not many guys were willing to give out their SSN to someone else to punch them in.

10. Member
    Traditional Time Clock would be the best bet with a camera watching it. I know you said it wouldn't work but maybe a little more details might be able to help us help you. Also payroll is any businesses largest expense and I can assure you if people are just asking you for a check when they get ready you are getting burned on a lot more hours than you think and it isn't just the one girl who has done it to you. I am sure there is an app for it or something else but I would have employees meet me at my home or office every morning and have them clock in from there before I payed them just whatever they said there hours were.
    2020 Caymas CX20

11. Member
    ExakTime works great for us. It is an app that acts like a digital time clock, but you can add geofence's in it where you know when the individual clocks in at a given location(jobsite) or not. It will flag any clock in/out outside the geofence. It all also exports straight into payroll software. It also syncs in real time to see, in real time, who clocked in where at what time.

If you are going to implement an app base system, make sure it syncs with your accounting/payroll software for ultimate benefit.
    Brad
    '16 Ranger 521c
    250 Merc Pros XS

12. Banned

13. Member
    Quickbooks has a time clock function and the employee has to be physically at the terminal to clock in. I used it for years without issues.

14. Derek McCullough
    We have used an Acroprint card reader time clock for around 10 years and been happy.

If you use Quickbooks, TSheets is the way to go. Employees download it on their phone and clock in and out on the app. You can set location services to only allow a clock in when they are at your facility. It is 8 bucks per employee a month I think. Worth every penny. I made it back in week 1.

16. Member
    https://www.timemoto.com/en

We use timemoto and it works great as a physical clock and also gives you the ability to let employees clock in from the app on there phone if you trust them. Also has made tracking hours and doing the payroll much easier for me.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    We use the fingerprint time clock. Employees can still technically punch in and leave or sleep in the corner, but it stops people punching in for them.

18. Member
    Square Payroll and time keep here. We love it. A few contractors we use for construction use Clock Shark, it runs on app and uses GPS to log hours at a location.

19. Member
    I worked briefly for a apartment maintenance crew that had multiple locations to report to. The owner also was the owner of the Cubs. Every time we punched in or out we had to use the office phone at the apartment complex. You forget in the morning or at night and the manager had to recover your hours for you.

20. Member
    TSheets is what we use for our field employees. It is an app on their phone and you can also track them if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast