Thread: Lithiums

Lithiums

I’m strongly considering switching to lithium batteries for my 36v system as well as my 12v. In your opinion who is making the best lithium batteries at this time and which charging system would you use? Is the power pole charge system as good as it seems? Thanks!
    Phoenix 21PHX 250 SHO, Lowrance Carbons & Ghost & Active Target

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Jim Id be happy to discuss options I have available

910-722-0001 Call or text
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Jim Id be happy to discuss options I have available

910-722-0001 Call or text

Call Andrew, you'll be glad you did!

4. Member
    Bank for your buck price Amped Outdoors by far.....get your prices from others and then see his prices. Matt is a lithium genius when it comes to them as well and can point out everything from the competitors. They are best bang for the buck.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ill also give another shout out for Drew for your Li batteries.....great guy to deal with also great service......

I bought my Ionics early last year and just a new Ionic starting battery a few weeks ago from Drew.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 01-25-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Ionics from Drew - no issues, instantenous customer support if you ever have a question

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Id be happy to go over the IMPULSE lineup for you. Cant beat our pricing or warranty ( full 10 year , no proration)

Amped outdoors has great prices. 2 12v 60ah batteries and a one bank charger was 779$. I was quoted 1219$ for 2 12v 50ah ionic batteries and a 40amp 3 or 4 bank charger.

2004 Bullet 20XRD
    2008 Mercury 300XS
    SN: 1E003611

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    (2) 54 AH Impulse lithiums 650 free shipping from us add a 15 amp one bank charger for 100 more $750.00 10 year replacement not 3 year like amped.. just sayin. Personally id add a minn kota 220pc for $275.00 .. true onboard charger and water resistant.

10. Member
    How many cycles does impulse state they're batteries are good for?

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmoore25 View Post
    How many cycles does impulse state they're batteries are good for?
    2000 plus... so if you break it down this way if you cycled your battery every single day for 5.5 years you would hit 2000 cycles. Nobody will cycle there battery everyday every year for 5.5 years , A charge cycle only counts when the battery is 20 percent or less then charged back up to 100. If your above 20 percent its not counted as a cycle. So lets just say someone cycles there lithiums 3 times a week every week every year thats 156 cycles a year x 10 years that = 1560 cycles well below the 10 year full replacement warranty of impulse 2000 plus cycles conservative rating. With a powerpole charge and lithium you likely may have a handfull of cycles a year. The above is reference for any lithiums not just impulse but we have full 10 year warranty so thats what was used in the math.. Basically you wont hit your charge cycles before your warranty expires with a impulse.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-26-2021 at 06:41 PM.

12. Member
    Lots of batteries and competition. Don't by on price alone. A 10 year warranty needs a manufacturer to stay in business that long also. Not easy to pick a winner in that game. I think that is an important factor also. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    2000 plus... so if you break it down this way if you cycled your battery every single day for 5.5 years you would hit 2000 cycles. Nobody will cycle there battery everyday every year for 5.5 years , A charge cycle only counts when the battery is 20 percent or less then charged back up to 100. If your above 20 percent its not counted as a cycle. So lets just say someone cycles there lithiums 3 times a week every week every year thats 156 cycles a year x 10 years that = 1560 cycles well below the 10 year full replacement warranty of impulse 2000 plus cycles conservative rating. With a powerpole charge and lithium you likely may have a handfull of cycles a year. The above is reference for any lithiums not just impulse but we have full 10 year warranty so thats what was used in the math.. Basically you wont hit your charge cycles before your warranty expires with a impulse.
    How would they determine how many cycles a battery has had on it? So if I discharge 50% twice that's considered a cycle?

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you run a battery down to 20 percent or below then recharge its a cycle. Doesnt matter if its done over a day 2 days 3 days etc. They can read the BMS as it counts cycles.(how they tell) If you discharge 50 percent then recharge to 100 and discharge to 50 and then recharge no there wouldnt be any cycles. think thats what your getting at.

Heres a video kinda explains its Ionic but gives you the idea of cycles applies to all lithium.. etc... why would i post a Ionic video? because what he explains applies to all lithiums no matter brand. Ionics are great have nothing bad to say at all about them. I just think impulse provides a better warranty and a better price point. Either are great batteries.

Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-26-2021 at 07:56 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    If you run a battery down to 20 percent or below then recharge its a cycle. Doesnt matter if its done over a day 2 days 3 days etc. They can read the BMS as it count cycles. If you discharge 50 percent then recharge to 100 and discharge to 50 and then recharge no there wouldnt be any cycles. think thats what your getting at.

Heres a video kinda explains its Ionic but gives you the idea of cycles applies to all lithium.. etc... why would i post a Ionic video? because what he explains applies to all lithiums no matter brand. Ionics are great have nothing bad to say at all about them. I just think impulse provides a better warranty and a better price point. Either are great batteries.

Thank you sir.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

17. Member
    Question. Let's say you add two Lithiums to a three battery system with an AGM crank battery. If you don't need to charge the trolling motor batteries every trip(I know I would not) how do you handle the AGM and your pre existing 3 bank charger?

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Question. Let's say you add two Lithiums to a three battery system with an AGM crank battery. If you don't need to charge the trolling motor batteries every trip(I know I would not) how do you handle the AGM and your pre existing 3 bank charger?
    Right now i have this situation. 2 Ionic trolles and AGM cranking with 3 bank charger. I only have one bank connected to my AGM battery, and charge it when needed. As for the Ionics, when i bought them also got there 10amp single charger....i can fish about 3 trips before it gets down to about 60%......before next trip, i'll put the single charger and charge them.....at about 60% it takes about 2.5 hrs. to charge 1 battery. I just got the cranking battery so i'll have to figure out something on charger later on.....i'm thinking about the new Dual Pro charger that does Li batteries.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS