Anchor Mode/Spot Lock trouble on MK Terrovq

need advice on how to trouble shoot intermittent loss of anchor mode/spot lock .i dont know if problems could be in toll motor itself or remote.
    every other function works quite well ,including speeds, direction,on/off prop.
    any one else had this problem, wondering if re pairing my remote to motor might help.
    thanks
    john

2. Member
    Just about any button or pedal will knock it out of spotlock. The only other thing is loss of GPS lock. I doubt re-pairing will help but it is not hard to do. If you have that remote attached to you. You are probably inadvertently touching it. Bumping the pedal can do it as well. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    thanks bobcat for reply.
    good idea on cause.
    i usually keep it around my neck on lanyard, not in pocket or belt.
    certainly could be hitting some button thou.
    think i will test that by laying it down on console and see if problem goes away.
    john

4. Member
    My Terrova would loose lock when battery was low on remote. Replace or check voltage on battery for remote. Also I always had put away and didn't use remote often.

5. Member
    One other possibility is the twist lock knob on the depth collar. The coil can get caught up in it and when it gets resistance from it it will kick out of spot lock. I found this out on mine in the past. It would happen more often with the mtr being deeper in the water more so than when fishing with it mounted shallower. As the head and shaft turn, the coil can get picked up by the knob and then it binds up.

6. Member
    I opted for the micro remote.(2x3") It does most all of the normal changes you need to do and has regular buttons. The battery will last the whole season. I leave my touch remote at the console unit in a cradle and plugged in for when I need it. You can find better prices than from Minn Kota's site
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go