Reel protection in the rod locker

Last two years I've been using this stuff to cover my reels in both rod lockers. Works better than covering them with bath or dish towel, as hooks don't stick in it. Craftsman non-slip drawer liner (the type on a roll) I get it at our ACE hardware in town, but I looks like most places carry it.
    https://c.sears.com.pr/craftsman-non...5&blockType=G5

I just cut it to the length I want and lay it over my reels. One locker has 3 tiers of reels the other only two. This along with rod socks have cut way back on nicks, dings and locker damage.

2. Member
    Minnesota97,

I do something similar in my boat. I used a similar product to line the hard surfaces where reels/rods would rest. I am thinking I might upgrade to something a little thicker and was eyeing up some neoprene. This gave me a bit of a pause, thinking if it would hold moisture and get stinky. I am thinking it might, like a wetsuit that stays wet too long.

3. Member
    The craftsman liner is more of a black rubber material. I don't think it will absorb moisture.

4. Member
    I like that idea to have something between the "layers" of reels in the rod locker. I also like that liner material has holes in it so it isn't likely to blow away if you set it up on the deck while reorganizing rods.

My boat came with some nasty spots in the carpet in the rod locker so I cut and fit a foam pad for the bottom. The foam pads you get that you put in front of your work bench have a diamond plate tread on them, so I cut some to fit my other compartments with just a fiberglass bottom and put the tread down so if needed, water could run through the tread and into the drains.

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piec...q=foam+mat+set
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom