Ordering replacement torsion axle for my 2016 Ranger

The trailing arm that holds my hub assembly to the spline shaft on the end of the torsion axle trailer (VIN 567RSBM20GF148721) slipped a month ago and all the teeth in the spline shaft and arms are wrecked so I need a new axle. Dexter offered to replace the axle and arms at cost (around $400) with no shipping charges but even though they said their working time is 14 days a month ago they haven't been responsive to any inquiries about shipping date/tracking numbers etc (they won't even return a call or email about it from my dealership). Was wondering what a good replacement option is for plan B. I noticed that Eastern Marine has a Ranger replacement axle that seems to match up the measurements pretty close but I don't know how to measure the arm angle in degrees on my trailer to compare to their arm (appears to be welded on and stationary at 22 degrees down). Any experience matching up that product with the trailer for a 2016 Z519?

2. Member
    Well, I guess this won't be much help as I see you already have your dealership involved, which I assume means they/you have tried to just order one thru Ranger parts?? Did they just point you to Dexter?

I ordered one for my last boat (back in 2018) from Ranger Parts and it was the easiest process. All they asked me to verify were 2 dimensions (see image).

Of course, Johnny wasn't in the fray at that point.

UFP measurements.png
    Last edited by djb750; 01-29-2021 at 12:58 PM.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    Dexter finally did respond! Got the problem taken care of. I found the serial number on the trailer too and that helped verify that my measurements matched theirs.

4. Member
    Double check my spec, but the nut/bolt that fastens the trailing arm to the splined shaft is ~ 150 lb-ft torque.
    I know it's over 100. And some blue locktight and you should be good.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

5. Member
    Yes Sir that's correct