1992 Ranger 482 - 150 Yamaha - Sitting for 7 years where should I start???

Hello,

I have a 1992 Ranger 482 with a 150 Yamaha (unknown hours). The boat has been sitting for about 7 years (indoors). The paint is in good shape, just a good coat of wax will be fine. Carpet is starting to ware on the lid corners so time to replace. The gas shocks and locks / handles need to be replaced, where can I find gas shocks?

My biggest concern is the engine and fuel tanks. It has been sitting with fuel for 7 years and the engine has not been started. What should I do, where should I start?

2. Member
    Siphon out all of the old gas, replace all of the fuel lines from the tank to engine, probably rebuild the carbs. If the oil inject is still hooked up I'd also get rid of the oil in both the big tank and the reservoir on the motor. Replace the LU lube, plugs and fuel filters. I'd replace the tires on the trailer real quick too and repack the bearings.

Look in all the compartments and under the console for signs of mice. They can chew up your wiring pretty bad. If you find some chewed wires that you can see you can be sure that there are also some you can't.

You didn't say whether it was yours originally or you just picked it up but if you don't know all it's history I'd take a close look at the transom and floors. I'd do all that to make sure it's mechanically, electrically and structurally sound before I spent any time trying to make it pretty.

3. Member
    Add a fresh water pump impeller to the list above.

Replace LU seals.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

5. Member
    also put marvel mistery oil in all plug holes and ley it sit for a couple of days leave the plugs out turn over the motor very slowly add additional marvel let it sit. If there was any rust it will assist in lubing every thing up.