Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mega 360 Issues after Solix 3.90 SW Update

I just completed the update of my Solix 12 units to 3.90. I was on the water for the first time yesterday after the update, and my Ultrex-mounted Mega 360 transducer has some annoying software issues. When I zoom in and/or change the 360 range, it resets back to normal zoom and 80’ range after a minute or two (seems to be a consistent “timeout”).

I have two networked Solix 12 units, iPilot Link, and am y-cable connected with the bow unit to the Ultrex transducer and 360. Everything worked fine before the update. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, figured out what’s causing it?

Did you do Restore Factory Defaults after the software was installed?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Yes I did.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have a single Solix 15 at 3.900 and haven't been having this issue with mine. The Mega 360 always starts at 80' range but I always change it to 100 or 125 and it stays that way until I shut down.

Maybe it has to do with being networked.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I just restored to factory settings again, and resynched the network again. I’ll see if it works when I’m out there tomorrow.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Good luck!
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Well, I still have not been able to figure this issue out. I was on the phone with HB tech-support today for a while, and they were not able to help either. They suggested I disconnect my 2D/DI TM transducer to see if that changes anything. I’m open to suggestions if anyone has any.

8. Member
    Check your Global settings - turn them off on the 360 views.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FarSouth View Post
    Well, I still have not been able to figure this issue out. I was on the phone with HB tech-support today for a while, and they were not able to help either. They suggested I disconnect my 2D/DI TM transducer to see if that changes anything. I’m open to suggestions if anyone has any.

9. Member
    Thanks. I’ll try that.

10. Member
    I looked for, but did not find, global sonar settings. My 360 range is still resetting itself to 80’, and I have no clue what else to try. HB tech support suggested I take the y-cable off and direct connect the 360 transducer to the bow Solix. If anyone thinks this is worth trying (it requires that I take off my BBT mount, so it’s not trivial), then please chime in. I’m open to suggestions at this point.

11. Member
    On a 360 view, on the express menu, sonar options there are two global switches. I haven't installed the 3.900 on our Solixes, so I suppose that could have changed. I've noticed that I lose the increased zoom when I change the range or change from full to right/left/rear. But I have never had a problem with the range changing on it's own.

I looked for, but did not find, global sonar settings. My 360 range is still resetting itself to 80’, and I have no clue what else to try. HB tech support suggested I take the y-cable off and direct connect the 360 transducer to the bow Solix. If anyone thinks this is worth trying (it requires that I take off my BBT mount, so it’s not trivial), then please chime in. I’m open to suggestions at this point.

12. Member
    If you don't see global settings make sure you are in " custom mode" and not "angler". No global settings in angler mode

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam;[URL="tel:11679495"
    11679495[/URL]]If you don't see global settings make sure you are in " custom mode" and not "angler". No global settings in angler mode
    I was in angler mode. Let me try custom mode with global off next time out. I really appreciate the tip. I did not know this.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jym;[URL="tel:11679485"
    11679485[/URL]]On a 360 view, on the express menu, sonar options there are two global switches. I haven't installed the 3.900 on our Solixes, so I suppose that could have changed. I've noticed that I lose the increased zoom when I change the range or change from full to right/left/rear. But I have never had a problem with the range changing on it's own.
    Thanks. This is all good to know. Now I need a decent day to get back out there.

15. Member
    I thought I’d put a bow on this topic.

I finally got around to tearing apart my bow cabling, and removing the y-cable. When HB tech support suggested I remove it, I had my doubts, but sure enough that was my problem. My M360 now holds zoom and range settings reliably. I think my 360 images actually improved as well. I guess the Y-cable had a defect. I wanted to update everyone , just in case someone encounters this issue.

I plan to run without the cable. I guess the only thing I’ll lose is having 2D sonar under the trolling motor, for vertical jigging.

16. Member
    To satisfy my curiosity - is the transducer in your Ultrex the Universal Sonar 2?

I thought I’d put a bow on this topic.

I finally got around to tearing apart my bow cabling, and removing the y-cable. When HB tech support suggested I remove it, I had my doubts, but sure enough that was my problem. My M360 now holds zoom and range settings reliably. I think my 360 images actually improved as well. I guess the Y-cable had a defect. I wanted to update everyone , just in case someone encounters this issue.

I plan to run without the cable. I guess the only thing I’ll lose is having 2D sonar under the trolling motor, for vertical jigging.

17. Member
    It’s the side imaging transducer, but I don’t remember the nomenclature. Is there any way to easily tell which transducer it is?

18. Member
    I’m having the exact same issue on mine! I also have the SI Ultrex. If I’m reading this correctly the fix requires that I lose 2D at the troller? In my opinion that’s not acceptable.

It’s the side imaging transducer, but I don’t remember the nomenclature. Is there any way to easily tell which transducer it is?
    The built-in Side Imaging transducer is called MSI.
    It is about the length of the motor housing:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Limbhanger51 View Post
    I’m having the exact same issue on mine! I also have the SI Ultrex. If I’m reading this correctly the fix requires that I lose 2D at the troller? In my opinion that’s not acceptable.
    The fix is a properly working Y cable. Need the 14 M360 2DDI Y cable for the MEGA 360 and Built-in MDI or MSI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast